Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: integrate the digi 002R with samplitude software?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Doozer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • doozer2-741547.jpg
integrate the digi 002R with samplitude software?
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »
I have two questions.

1. Has anyone been able to successfully integrate the digi 002R with samplitude software?
2. Will I notice an improvement in SAM and plugs over Digi and what I am using now as described below?

I want to improve on the quality of mastering my recordings, and have heard nothing but praise about the SAM package. What is of most interest to me is that people say it sounds better than protools, also that the plugins are far better suited for mastering classical recordings. I’m specifically looking at the Samplitude V10 Professional package.

What I am currently using in post is rather old, Mac dual 1.25 G4 with a gig of ram, 10.2.8 OS, protools LE 6.1.2, waves plugs which include: restoration, IR1convolution reverb, renaissance, linear and L2-L3 limiters. I send my stereo master through the apogee psx-100 with HRUV22 encoding to the Masterlink for the CD master.   

The tools I use for the field recordings are: Schoeps capsules, earthworks 1024 preamps, SD 744T and Alesis HD24xr. I always bypass the converters and pres in the digi products.

I realize I will need to either use bootcamp and upgrade my Mac or go PC.

Since I only use the 002 for the software and connection with my apogee, I am hoping I won't need to purchase another interface.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com