Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dave Matthews Band  (Read 14406 times)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2003, 02:33:06 AM »
No, but just dangle the letters O, A, and R in front of Scott and he will bite ;)

Chris' rig is portable if you have a pack mule.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2003, 02:41:14 AM »
No, but just dangle the letters O, A, and R in front of Scott and he will bite ;)

honestly, who can pass on the chance to refer to o.a.r. as the worst band ever?   :)

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2003, 05:47:31 PM »

honestly, who can pass on the chance to refer to o.a.r. as the worst band ever?   :)

Not I... OAR=Worst. Band. Ever.
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

DaryanLenz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2003, 06:34:22 PM »
Worst band ever!!!!!  I think ween might be a close second in my book.  Welcome aboard.  DMB tapers probably get shit because a, who can't make a good stack tape, and b, has a lot more to do with the crowd than tha taper!

D

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2003, 10:16:16 PM »
who can't make a good stack tape

I love the way this comment is always thrown around.......amazing to me, especially considering how MUCH better section tapes sound.... ;D...seriously what do you do that is different and SO much more difficult to get a good section tape?  Run to the section so you can claim the center spot, regardless of what your ticketed seat is?? ;D  All kidding aside, section tapes, stack tapes....not much difference...now if you want to talk a skill, lets talk how difficult it is to get a good stealth tape...now there is talent!

I taped in the section at Phish this year, and will never do it again....if stack taping is the only other option...then so be it...cause section tapes are WAY overrated.

My .02

Nick
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 11:03:07 PM by nickgregory »

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2003, 12:17:02 AM »
section? what's that :D

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2003, 02:39:23 AM »
who can't make a good stack tape

I love the way this comment is always thrown around.......amazing to me, especially considering how MUCH better section tapes sound.... ;D...seriously what do you do that is different and SO much more difficult to get a good section tape?  Run to the section so you can claim the center spot, regardless of what your ticketed seat is?? ;D  All kidding aside, section tapes, stack tapes....not much difference...now if you want to talk a skill, lets talk how difficult it is to get a good stealth tape...now there is talent!

I taped in the section at Phish this year, and will never do it again....if stack taping is the only other option...then so be it...cause section tapes are WAY overrated.

My .02

Nick

:DISCLAIMER:  not trying to start shit, just defending my position here :/DISCLAIMER:

I agree with the stealth tape comment, mucho props there.  

I just think that as far as section tapes go (or any open taping, sans stack tapes) it takes a little more skill to make the most of it- cap selection, stereo config, stand height, even gear selection come into play in a way that they don't when you're 6 feet from a mono PA.  

I imagine if you give someone taping their first show a 17 foot mic stand, a D8, and, say for comparison's sake, CMC64>V3, they'd be able to pull a decent tape so long as they start the deck and get their levels close.  From a section, or in the middle of a bar, even at a festival, there are so many more variables that need to be learned in order to get "the" tape.  I'm not knocking the DMB stack tapes- they smoke-or the people that make them- they're great- but I think it takes a little more skill to get the same caliber source from behind the board.

I guess what hassles you give up in terms of feeling the room out you make up for in having to deal with the crowd.  Not having the "drunk fratlord/spun wookie/'shhh'-ing old man" variable come into play-at any show- makes it worth my while to be a section rat.

+T's all around
« Last Edit: November 30, 2003, 02:42:28 AM by Lee »

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2003, 02:44:22 AM »
i can't get into panic but i don't feel the need to bash them every chance i get....

The Zeta is rotting your brain...

I KEED!

Chris' rig is portable if you have a pack mule.

Are you the fabled Trak2 guy??  Damn!  How do you power that thing?  I've always been curious...

marc0789

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2003, 02:08:36 PM »
great taping policy, pretty good music, but some of the biggest assclown fans ever. screaming girls AND guys, cell phone holding up, even had a mollied out kid walk through the row wiping pretzel mustard on people. not to mention loud singing of lyrics. not exclusive to dmb, but worse imo. I have yet *not* to have a problem with someone at a dmb show. If I hadn't been alone with my gear last year in Phoenix, I would have knocked this fucker out. Spilled a beer right behind the 1k and laughed about it, and screamed through the whole show. that's why I'll never go again.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2003, 02:25:13 PM »
agreed, DMB fans for the most part are bad...the good news is alot of the shows have several tapers and in some part, some of us are relatively smart, and trade seats around, so that a group of tapers are taping/blocking...helps to limit some of the bozo crowd crap...

Offline Tim

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2003, 03:21:48 PM »
because the dmb tapers make better tapes

(ducking)

:rotflmao:

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Brian

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2003, 03:31:13 PM »
this thread makes me :lol:

cpclark

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2003, 10:55:10 PM »
section taping rules.  drunk, teenie-bopper screaming fans dont appeal to me or my tape, dave has fallen off in his music since crash, just doesnt do it for me like phish, um, moe. does, they rock, and lee has it right, there is a lot more to section taping than a 20ft stand on a mono stack, just a few cents tossed in

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2003, 07:05:35 AM »
section taping rules.  

now that is funny.... ;D

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2003, 07:13:50 AM »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com