Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: home studio software?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am a real American
home studio software?
« on: December 05, 2003, 09:49:09 PM »
My friend is looking to do some track recording on his computer.  Can someone recommend some software that he could use that he wouldn't have to pay for.  Im think software thats been cracked or that someone could him a disc.  It would really be a huge favor to me because ill probably be using it too.  Ill set up a trade for the disc or if you could just point me in the right direction that would be great.  Thanks
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 09:49:29 PM by superphatal »

jpschust

Re:home studio software?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 08:09:53 PM »
what is he using for an interface?  protools comes free with all their interfaces.

Offline super-phat-al

• I am a real American
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 01:37:06 PM »
hes going to be getting an m-audio firewire to plug his guitar and vocals into then record it to the computer.  I was thinking, could he downgrade to 98 and use protools?  

jpschust

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 01:40:02 PM »
thats a viable option, you know the other option is that he could get a fostex mr-8 (only about 400 bucks) and that will let him do 8 tracks on the digital console and let him do quite a bit with it.  It also includes some of their own multi track software.  seems like a better option to me than the m-audio.

Offline super-phat-al

• I am a real American
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 02:18:36 PM »
thats a viable option, you know the other option is that he could get a fostex mr-8 (only about 400 bucks) and that will let him do 8 tracks on the digital console and let him do quite a bit with it.  It also includes some of their own multi track software.  seems like a better option to me than the m-audio.
mmmm that looks interesting.  Is it an easy to use interface?  The reason i suggested the m-audio to him was because i thought he could do all the tracking and multitracking on his computer, in my experience things are a lot easier to deal with on the computer.  Could you use this fostex and record direct on your computer as well?  They're both about the same price.  The advantage i see to the Fostex is you can take it with you and record.

jpschust

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 02:21:03 PM »
well here's the thing, i wouldnt say its the easiest of its kind, but it looks like the best value for dollar in its pricepoint.  there is a really good review of it in this month's recording magazine.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com