Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio recording software....  (Read 3020 times)

busknuckle

• Trade Count: (0)
Audio recording software....
« on: December 06, 2003, 05:55:29 PM »
Does anyone have an older version of Cool Edit or Soundforge that they'd be willing to sell for a decent price? I realize that there are a zillion places to get cracked copies and whatnot. I'm not being a snob...but I don't want a cracked copy. The last time I loaded such an item on my pc...it hosed everything up.

All I need is some basic recording software.

p.s.  cdwave didn't work for me when I tried it.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Audio recording software....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 06:03:23 PM »
What problems did you encounter with CD-Wave?  Perhaps it'll be easier to fix your problem than fire up a new app.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

busknuckle

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 06:08:04 PM »
Ok...so I ran my M1 to my Delta Dio 2448. I made sure that the sampling rates were all matched correctly and whatnot, but everytime I played back the file I recorded onto the pc, it was sped up. I've heard of this situation occuring before, but only when sampling rates were unmatched.

fwiw...I made sure that the actual card's settings were matched to cdwave's settings.  

????

jpschust

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 08:09:16 PM »
you know i was thinking about this the other day, i know a lot of people dont use 98 or me, but why not use 98 with protools free?  legally free and not bad to be honest.

busknuckle

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 08:41:19 PM »
Funny you should mention that...I've been looking for a copy of Win98. I run ME right now. Where is this "freebie" to be obtained? (98 with protools free)

jpschust

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 02:14:15 AM »
well i dont know where 98 is, but protools can be obtained from www.digidesign.com (protools for 98 is freeware)

busknuckle

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 04:44:05 AM »
ahhh....I misunderstood what you meant the first time. Thanks for pointing this out to me. +T

jpschust

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2003, 11:18:33 AM »
its cool :-) sometimes it gets hard to read meanings via e-text.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2003, 11:49:13 AM »
Ok...so I ran my M1 to my Delta Dio 2448. I made sure that the sampling rates were all matched correctly and whatnot, but everytime I played back the file I recorded onto the pc, it was sped up. I've heard of this situation occuring before, but only when sampling rates were unmatched.

fwiw...I made sure that the actual card's settings were matched to cdwave's settings.  

????

I had the same thing happen to me when I rebuilt my machine recently - turns out I did not, in fact, have the soundcard drivers installed correctly or the card and software configured correctly.  As a result, no matter what software I used it always sounded fast.

I'd double check your work one last time before looking for another software solution.  If you've already double-checked, I'm no help - I don't have any extra software licenses.  
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

busknuckle

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2003, 02:13:50 PM »
I'll make sure to re-check my hardware/software for the card as well too.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com