Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New rig -- help me figure out what I need  (Read 5136 times)

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
Re:New rig -- help me figure out what I need
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2003, 06:14:15 PM »
gaffers tape, fine point sharpies, every different adapter in the world, clamp, small notepad, LED heaplamp, ear protection(etymotic), lowepro bag...

jr

etymotic?

jeez, if you're going to do it right get the westone custom fit earmolds with the 25db musician's earplugs.
 ::)

those are very nice.  if i was a musician, i would probably be wearing them, or in ear monitors.  since i'm not, and not subjecting my ears to high db's everyday, i think the etymotics will do. $12 for 20db, instead of $162 for 25.

jr

JR, i was just kiddin' around. I don't expect everyone to have custom fit plugs, but they sure are nice.
My mother is an Audiologist - she is a hearing doctor. She mainly makes/sells hearing aids, but also has the capability to do the custom fit musicians plugs, or swimming earplugs.

Anyone in the NYC/Long Island area need a pair? IM me and i'll get you hooked up for COST.

$20 versus $100 or so for the custom jobs... def. worth it IMHO. They fit perfectly and sound perfect.

Protect your ears for the long run folks, so when you get old you can listen to your tapes ;)

peace,
ian stone
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline stvgray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Start at the beginning....
Re:New rig -- help me figure out what I need
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2003, 12:09:19 AM »
I already have a pair of custom-fitted earplugs, from my days of playing in bands.

Thanks, everyone, for the good suggestions. I ordered the AT shock mounts today, and you've given me some good ideas for bags and incidental items.
AKG 460s - DIY digi-mod UA5 - JB3 or DAP-1

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com