Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 Recording Questions  (Read 1742 times)

Offline ozzyzak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
JB3 Recording Questions
« on: February 26, 2004, 03:25:24 AM »
Just wondering a couple of things.  I recorded a show on January 28th an the quieter parts sounded REALLY good, it handled loud sounds fairly well too except it seemed to be peaking.  Just wondering, about where do you want the levels to be on the jukebox, just under the first line?  and also when setting the gain am I correct in assuming that 0 is no adjustment and going negative reduces sensitivity while positive increases sensitivity?  I'm not sure what it means exactly.  If i set it higher in the positive would that make the recording sound real hot?  Too low would make it sound real quiet?   :thinking: but have been trying to figure it out in time for the Dream Theater show next month on the 7  ;D

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re:JB3 Recording Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 03:20:27 PM »
did you run mic in or line in, what kind of mics are you using?  try the advance search, you might find the answers to your problems

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline ozzyzak

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Re:JB3 Recording Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 04:07:41 PM »
I didn't really feel that it was necessary information, to include my mics and if i used line in or not.  All I was wondering is where the levels are supposed to be and what effect the gain has on the recording.  For what it's worth I was using SP-CMC2 thru line-in.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.198 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com