Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Set-up for recording both concerts and nature sounds: help please ...  (Read 1344 times)

Offline entropia.calante

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I'm a novice taper and have a few question for you expert taping people.

Two words to introduce myself: my name is Maurizio from Italy; just bought from ebay a very good Edirol R-09, but as some of you knows, internal pre is a lot noisy.

I need to purchase another stereo mic for concert rec and a pre-amp for using LINE-IN; reading forum I've made myself the idea that a Church pre and 2 card mics STC11 could be right for me.

My main purposes are to sthealth record some live gig (mainly jazz) for myself and also I need to record some nature sound (e.g. birds and other animals). I have a mono CONDENSER SHOTGUN cardioid for these nature sounds that seems to work well (Audio-Technica ATR55 Telemike), but also here I need more amplification (but not noise ;)).
I was wondering if Church-Audio STC-9000 stereo cardioid microphone system (with STC-11) selling on eBay for 200$ could be good both for concerts and for nature sounds (only the preamp with ATR55).
I've already seen the Church-Audio ST-9100 stereo microphone preamp that seems with better spec (but only 20 dB gain versus 30 dB of STC 9000).

I need the maximum gain
so 30 dB is really better than 20 dB...indeed 9000 is far cheaper...that is not bad at all! ;D But really I do not understand very well the differences in performances and field of use of both two pre.

Please have my best wishes to all the forum

Bye, Maurizio

P.S. And what about SOUND PROFESSIONALS SP Preamp and SP-Preamp-11, that have both a stunning 42 dB gain (or 50, as I've seen somewhere) ...?

Offline J.Maye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Formerly Phan2001
Re: Set-up for recording both concerts and nature sounds: help please ...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:23:41 PM »
If you state your budget you will probably get some helpful replies. Based on what you are looking at, are you planning on spending ~$300 USD?
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline entropia.calante

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Set-up for recording both concerts and nature sounds: help please ...
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:47:11 PM »
Sorry...you are right: more or less 300 $ to complete my setup in the best way I can.
Thanks and bye

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com