Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DiscWelder Bronze demo & manual up  (Read 12674 times)

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
Re:DiscWelder Bronze demo & manual up
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 02:37:11 PM »
Could you burn a DVD-A, then rip an ISO image to your hard drive from the DVD-A?  Obviously not the ideal way to do it, but I was thinking this may be a way to torrent a DVD-A made with Bronze.  I assume with the ISO image, you don't need special software to burn the DVD-A, just any old burning software that does data DVD+/-R.

Craig.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2004, 02:45:54 PM »
I think their point is that if you want it to write images to HD, then it's more expensive for you.

I'm going back to the plan of building DAD images using linux tools.  There is universal support for DVDV and not DVDA yet.  I can't really see any advantage to DVDA except for the lesser amount of work required to author the disc.  Can anyone tell me why I would want to author DVDA instead of DVDV-DAD discs if the process was easy for both?  

Has anyone here ever successfully done DAD using console tools in Linux?  I found recipe here http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6953.  I'm going to try this this weekend.

BTW, are you the scott brown that recorded 12-29 mule?  I have the 24/96 flac copy that is my only hires material and I can't listen to until I get a DVD to burn.  I have a universal format player on loan right now and all I have is stinking CDs.  So I'm motivated to get this to work.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 03:15:51 PM »
>>Could you burn a DVD-A, then rip an ISO image to your hard drive from the DVD-A?  Obviously not the ideal way to do it, but I was thinking this may be a way to torrent a DVD-A made with Bronze.  I assume with the ISO image, you don't need special software to burn the DVD-A, just any old burning software that does data DVD+/-R.<<

Sure, that'll work.  But then you absolutely NEED a dvd burner when using bronze.  With Steel or Chrome, you can author discs without having to burn them THAT second.  You could do it on the road without a burner, then burn when you got back.  It's like creating SHN or FLAC filesets and then being told you MUST burn immediately.  Why can't we just make the final product and then burn it later?

For someone like me, I am on a mac, and even though there are plenty of sweet audio apps for the mac platform, everyone is retarded when it comes to DVD-Audio.  No one has written anything yet.  So I was going to run DW Bronze under Virtual PC.  But Virtual PC can't burn.  It can read from optical drives but can't write to them.  If Bronze could just write an image, then I could just burn it using my mac burning software.  I've tried this and it worked fine.  A Steel-authored image mounted fine in Mac OS X and could burn without issue.   But why should I have to buy steel when all i want is the bronze basics that'll write to a hard drive?  makes no sense

Craig, the image DW creates isn't a .iso, but it should mount and burn in windows like an iso.  Like I said, my mac recognized the .dim image fine

and misnjer, yeah, i did that mule 12-29.  you may want to turn the bass down for that :)

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2004, 02:17:30 PM »
yeah it's pretty weak not being able to save images to the hd.

maybe wavelab 5.0 will do gapless output and save images to HD.....

radioboy1977

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2004, 03:49:15 PM »
well, i did it.  i took the plunge and ordered a copy of discwelder bronze this morning.  hopefully it'll be here before the weekend so i can try it out and give a report on monday.

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2004, 08:33:21 AM »
well, i did it.  i took the plunge and ordered a copy of discwelder bronze this morning.  hopefully it'll be here before the weekend so i can try it out and give a report on monday.

i was first on the list @ cascade, so i should have it real soon also

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2004, 11:26:31 AM »
fyi, MicSupply sent out a email today with pricing on DiscWelder Bronze, $85.
don't know if other vendors are selling at msrp or not...

the water's clean and innocent

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2004, 11:39:07 AM »
FWIW:cascade is a bit better than that

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2004, 11:45:33 AM »
FWIW:cascade is a bit better than that

cool!

the water's clean and innocent

radioboy1977

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2004, 01:08:07 PM »
looks like i should have mine by friday ;D

jpschust

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2004, 01:41:36 PM »
scott, can you walk me through doing windows emulation for this- i need to get soemthing that lets me burn 24/96

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2004, 01:57:21 PM »
it won't work with bronze, since you can't burn from the emulation side. you'd need steel

jpschust

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2004, 02:05:04 PM »
somewhere in one of the last pro audio mags i was told they were able to get bronze working under emulation... interesting- i heard it from nutter who is supposed to call me back later today- ill keep yall informed

Offline scb

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2004, 03:30:40 PM »
oh bronze will work fine in emulation, but won't be of any use to you.  bronze authors discs this way:

1. you load your tracks in the playlist
2. you tell it to burn, which authors and then burns. it will NOT author and then save those authored folders/disc images to the hard drive. the only way to have bronze author a disc for you it to have bronze burn it for you

windows emulation on the mac supports reading from optical drives, but does not support writing to them.  So Bronze won't be able to burn in emulation.  Since the only way to author a disc in Bronze is to have it burn for you, Bronze is useless to you in windows emulation

Steel can save disc images though, so Steel will work fine in emulation.  Author the disc in Steel (in emulation), and then burn it in Toast in OS X

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2004, 04:04:25 PM »
Prolly a dumb question, but what is so bad about not having image capabilities with Bronze?  What I would imagine doing is editing in what ever software program you use, tracking in cd wave, burning when ready and archiving flacs.  Is there a reason for windows users to need the image?  I understand why mac users need it...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.144 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com