Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver H320  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
iRiver H320
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:03:48 PM »
I just got an iRiver H320 for my birthday and it apparently can record. In the press releases it says, "The iRiver H300 allows recording, encoding and storing MP3s or uncompressed WAV files from a variety of sources." I can not for the life in me figure out how it records in WAV. I'm pretty new to it, and I'll Google some more, but all I can see is mp3, and that'd be no fun. Does anyone know how to record in WAV using this player?
Peluso CEMC-6(matched pair)->V3(optical)->JB3 (16bit, 44.1khz)

Offline DCDireWolf

• Taperssection Member
  • You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know
Re: iRiver H320
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 11:13:50 PM »
Do a search in here on the iRiver, there are a couple threads on it.  I have a H140, if the 320 is similar, you can switch between MP3 and WAV in the recording menu.
"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."  -Jerry Garcia

Offline Ian

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 11:15:52 PM »
I don't believe I can switch. I'll investigate farther. I've already done a search and read. Anybody have any experience with these things or am I one of the first to get an H320?

Offline Ian

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 12:58:47 AM »
Browsing the iRiver forums, it appears that a new firmware was scheduled for October that would allow .wav support, however, it is October and such a thing doesn't exist. I posted on there, hopefully I'll get some info. Right now it looks like I'm waiting for a firmware upgrade, until then I'll be in mp3.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 08:34:20 AM »
Cut from the iRiver page:

Upgraded Voice Recording, Direct Encoding and Lineout Output
H300 makes it easy and simple to record voice with internal/external microphones, and other audio sound (such as CD, cassette tape or radio) with the analog cable.

The Direct Encoding function directly connects to a CD player or other audio

tools and converts the music into the MP3 format. AutoSync automatically

categorizes and stores music into the MP3 format. Voice Detect supports

voice recording, and enables the system to be turned on only when voice is

detected, saving storage space and power consumption.

Compatibility with AGC(Auto Gain Control) makes recording capabilities comparable to a professional recorder; it captures sound from even at a distance and controls recording quality.

H300 is compatible with Lineout, which produces dynamic sound with its analogue cable connection to the speaker.

No mention of digital input...  THough there is not much technical detail on the site, more search is needed...  However, I did notice that 44.1 OGG is supported.  Not sure how OGG works, but make me think the H320 would only be 44.1 WAV capable...

Does look like a nice player though, lots of nice features!

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline DCDireWolf

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 09:24:24 AM »
http://www.misticriver.net/  is a good web forum on iRivers. 
"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."  -Jerry Garcia

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 02:06:13 PM »
Cut from the iRiver page:

Upgraded Voice Recording, Direct Encoding and Lineout Output
H300 makes it easy and simple to record voice with internal/external microphones, and other audio sound (such as CD, cassette tape or radio) with the analog cable.

The Direct Encoding function directly connects to a CD player or other audio

tools and converts the music into the MP3 format. AutoSync automatically

categorizes and stores music into the MP3 format. Voice Detect supports

voice recording, and enables the system to be turned on only when voice is

detected, saving storage space and power consumption.

Compatibility with AGC(Auto Gain Control) makes recording capabilities comparable to a professional recorder; it captures sound from even at a distance and controls recording quality.

H300 is compatible with Lineout, which produces dynamic sound with its analogue cable connection to the speaker.

No mention of digital input...  THough there is not much technical detail on the site, more search is needed...  However, I did notice that 44.1 OGG is supported.  Not sure how OGG works, but make me think the H320 would only be 44.1 WAV capable...

Does look like a nice player though, lots of nice features!

Terry

ogg is more compressed than mp3

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 08:51:07 AM »
Message return from Iriver on the rumoured Wav support:

---
Dear iRiver User,

Thanks for your email. iRiver has a plan to support WAV format on H340. However, we don't have the confirm day that when the new firmware will be release. iRiver announces the new release firmware on the website. Please visit www.iRiver.com frequently. You can check the new firmware from the following link.
http://www.iriver.com/support/download.asp
---

I might check it out when it support wav.
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline DCDireWolf

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 11:01:28 AM »
Dont' hold your breath on iRiver firmware, they are notoriously slow on that shit.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.184 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com