Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 Power (ignorant me)  (Read 2128 times)

Offline gsc3c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
JB3 Power (ignorant me)
« on: October 22, 2004, 06:10:25 PM »
So, i bought a JB3 cheap, but don't have a power cable for it.  What are the specifications, beyond 5V DC, for external power.  I'm looking to run it off the internal rechargeable batteries, but i'm electrically ignorant, and don't want to fry my new toy.

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: JB3 Power (ignorant me)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 08:20:18 PM »
radio shack adaptaplug "b" and any 4.5-5VDC 1-2amp rig should work.  Rating on the "official" power supply is 5VDC 2amp.
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline SparkE!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: JB3 Power (ignorant me)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 08:35:12 PM »
radio shack adaptaplug "b" and any 4.5-5VDC 1-2amp rig should work.  Rating on the "official" power supply is 5VDC 2amp.
Yes, but make sure that the power supply is a regulated DC supply.  Some 5V DC supplies are nothing more than a transformer, a bridge rectifier and a big electrolytic capacitor.  The DC portion of their output may be 5 V, but the ripple under load may go from about 7 V peaks down to around 2 V valleys.  The easiest way to tell if you have one like that is to measure its output voltage with no load.  If it's around 7 V, then it's an unregulated brute force supply.  If it's sitting right around 5 V with no load, then it's a regulated supply and you should be OK.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com