Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Thanks Scott Brown for xACT!  (Read 12728 times)

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:Thanks Scott Brown for xACT!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2003, 08:46:31 PM »
[thread hijack]

Probably a stupid question, but how are you guys making these screen shots?

[/thread hijack]

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2003, 08:50:15 PM »
apple shift 3 or apple shift 4

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2003, 09:44:39 PM »
Thanks!

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2003, 10:16:00 PM »
Scott, one question:  is there any way to make the "window" that shows the file names a place where you can drag files to?  Whenever I open the app I almost always try to add the files by dragging them to that part of the window, but it never works and I have to go all the way down to the dock. ;)

Not a big deal, but it would be nice. :)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2003, 09:01:13 AM »
yeah, it's not hard to do, but for some reason it's not letting me do it.  not sure why.  i can create a new app and it works fine, but i can't add it to this one for some reason.  working on figuring out why

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2003, 03:06:50 PM »
every time i mount the dmg file, it asks me if i need to install flac/shn components, and when i say no, it gives me 20 applescript errors, but then opens up fine, and seems to work

am i doing something wrong...

i'm not at the g4 right now (stuck behind this hp at work) so i can't be specific, but i can provide more details later..

My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2003, 03:43:27 PM »
That's what you get for saying no to SCOTT BROWN!

Er.

I've always said no and I've never had a problem...

Yeah, this post is helpful. :P
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Chris K

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2003, 04:40:36 PM »

Yeah, this post is helpful. :P

made me laugh...that's a help upon itself...

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline scb

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2003, 08:49:17 PM »
>>every time i mount the dmg file, it asks me if i need to install flac/shn components, and when i say no, it gives me 20 applescript errors, but then opens up fine, and seems to work

am i doing something wrong...
<<

yes.  you're supposed to copy it from the .dmg to your hard drive, not launch it from the .dmg

i have all of the binaries bundled within xACT, and then once they are installed they're deleted from xACT.  the .dmg is read only, so it gives errors when it tries to delete them from that dmg.  just copy the app from the image to your drive and then you'll be set

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2003, 08:50:21 AM »
Scott, what about a way to sort the added files?  Or at least have them parsed in alphabetical order.  My tracks always end up entered in all screwy (still works of course, but I'd like them to be encoded/checksumed in order).

Offline Chris K

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2003, 09:24:26 AM »
Scott, what about a way to sort the added files?  Or at least have them parsed in alphabetical order.  My tracks always end up entered in all screwy (still works of course, but I'd like them to be encoded/checksumed in order).

i ran into the same problem, this is how i got to workaround it so this files are in proper order. there is probably another way, but this is how i am doing it and it is working:

from the xACT interface click the "ADD FILES" button and navigate to the folder/files you wish to decode/encode/etc

instead of choosing the FIRST file of the bunch (ie bandx2003-12-19d1t01.aif) select the LAST FILE (bandx2003-12-19d1t12.aif) and while holding the shift key, select the first file in effect selecting all the files in between. click "choose" in the navaigation box and it should bring all the files in the correct order in the xACT interface

try it...it works...why, I'm not sure....i'm just and end user, not a developer...kinda the story of my life i guess  ;)

oh, and scott thanks for the tip on copying the xACT program from the dmg to my applications folder (actually it sits nicely in my dock, next to toast)...it did the trick...do i need that "stuff folder" thats in the dmg also, or is that just the flac/shn codes for installation?  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 09:28:34 AM by Chris K »

-Elvis Presley

Offline scb

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2003, 09:27:53 AM »
>>Scott, what about a way to sort the added files?  Or at least have them parsed in alphabetical order.  My tracks always end up entered in all screwy (still works of course, but I'd like them to be encoded/checksumed in order)<<

yeah that's 1 line of code.  notice how i have it sorting them in the "len" and "fix" tabs already (since you *need* them in sorted order for those to work properly).  I just didn't sort the encode and decode sicne it wasn't needed.  but it's just a matter of me calling my sort function on the encode and decode filenames

i've added support for checking multiple md5s or flac fingerprints at 1 time now too, and some monkey's audio users are bugging me to add .ape encoding.  so all that will probably be in 1.2 or 1.3 (since i was already working on a 1.2 maybe the next public release will be 1.3)

Offline scb

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2003, 09:30:22 AM »
>>do i need that "stuff folder" thats in the dmg also, or is that just the flac/shn codes for installation? <<

it's the license info for flac, shorten, shntool, etc.  gives proper credit and the licenses that say "free for non-commercial use" yadda yadda.  you don't need it, but i needed to include it to properly include those programs

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2003, 10:57:47 AM »
I still say you should have a warning pop up if anyone chooses "encode to .ape."
Out of the game … for now?

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2003, 11:37:54 AM »
That would be hilarious, and I'd love to see it. ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com