Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mogami vs. Audio Magic Extremes  (Read 2189 times)

Offline nedstruzz

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Mogami vs. Audio Magic Extremes
« on: November 02, 2007, 06:03:40 PM »
Huge difference??  Anyone who knows what they're talking about care to enlighten me about the differences and why Audio Magics may or may not be better?  It would be appreciated. 
B&K 4023's >Neve Portico>744T

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Mogami vs. Audio Magic Extremes
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:05:34 PM »
Mogami cable is copper, Audio Magic uses silver clad cables.

In my experience silver has a more open sound to it and copper has a bloom in the low end. Everyone hears it differently, you'd have to listen for yourself.

FWIW, Audio Magic charges a premium for their cables. I think you could probably find an equivalent cable at a much lower cost from someone here on the board.

Remember, what some of us think is better may not be what you prefer. Either cable is high quality and will do a good job. Good luck and have fun listening.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

cshepherd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:42:44 PM »
Audio Magic's budget-level Hyperconductor cables use silver coated copper conductors with a pure silver screen  The Xtream cables (and the rest of the AM line) use pure silver ribbon conductors with a pure silver screen.  I can't comment on their sound.

Chris   

Offline nedstruzz

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »
Great thanks guys,  Would love to hear what others have to say if anyone else feels like chiming in. 

I've been running with Mogami 2534 interconnects and just picked up a couple pairs of 18 inch Audio Magic Xtremes to connect the CMC6 with the V3 and V3 to 722.  Bought them used in the yard sale for $65 a pair so based on their list price new thats a pretty good deal.  Just wasn't sure about the Mogami's I've been running. 
B&K 4023's >Neve Portico>744T

Offline Evil Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 01:43:58 AM »
The Mogami Pro are also supposed to be silver cables right?
Really not very evil at all now...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com