Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Replacing ( for r44) and or repairing my tekkeon batteries  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Taper Chris

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • wusupwitit?
    • what I've posted on archive
Subject line wraps it up. Hit me w recommendations
Also, didn't I see a post a while ago with so.e body that repairs the tekkeons?
Thanks!
"The thing about choosing the lesser of two evils is that your still choosing evil." JG

Offline fanofjam

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Replacing ( for r44) and or repairing my tekkeon batteries
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 04:18:59 PM »
Subject line wraps it up. Hit me w recommendations
Also, didn't I see a post a while ago with so.e body that repairs the tekkeons?
Thanks!

Chris:

Is your tekkeon the 3300 or 3450 version?  The 3300 don't have the USB port on them.  If they're 3300, they're simple to refurb... I'll refurb them for you for free as long as you pay for the replacement cells and shipping both ways.  I have cells.  The refurbed tekkeon's will be ugly as shit when I'm finished with them because I just break the shells open and then duct them them back together, but they'll work good as new.  They'll also have I think 40% higher capacity than the originals.  I don't do the 3450 though, because they're a pain in the ass and too much can go wrong.  When I was doing these refurbs back ten years or so ago, I had too many of them screw up after I sent them back to people and won't bother with those anymore since my goodwill just ended up being a royal pain in the ass that cost me money to fix when they fucked up later on.

Steve

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 07:05:06 AM »
I have 2 Talentcell battiers used for two shows I was planning on selling!  They have a 9v and 12v out so they work with an R44.  If your interested send me a pm
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 08:15:16 AM by jbell »
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 > Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline 2X2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 06:27:46 PM »
you guys might want to check out the "trigger cables" that pull higher voltages off of USB-C PD batteries. most can do 12V, some up to 20V

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-JacobsParts-Type-C-Trigger-Connector/dp/B08NTVLZH7

the cheap and common 10000 mah batteries run my preamps and adcs well over 5 hours

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 06:49:31 PM »
^ Interesting solution. How clean is the output?

Talentcell is an easy known-good solution and what I use with R-44 and other recorders.

Note: Power input to R-44 is center pin negative, which as an R-44 user you are likely aware of.  I use a polarity inverting cable between the Talentcell and R-44 which I think is intended for use with effect pedals.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 07:02:54 PM »
you guys might want to check out the "trigger cables" that pull higher voltages off of USB-C PD batteries. most can do 12V, some up to 20V

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-JacobsParts-Type-C-Trigger-Connector/dp/B08NTVLZH7

the cheap and common 10000 mah batteries run my preamps and adcs well over 5 hours

Be very careful with that.

Just checked this link. Without modification that cable will not work and will likely damage the R-44 as its output is center pin positive.  I assumed there was some sort of voltage converter built into the cable, but it it seems the variable voltage thing is something the battery does.  Tread carefully.

"Performs PD or QC power negotiation"

Don't let the magic smoke out of your R-44.  A Talentcell like jbell's are a known-good safe bet that lots of tapers use.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline 2X2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 02:18:08 AM »

Be very careful with that.

Just checked this link. Without modification that cable will not work and will likely damage the R-44 as its output is center pin positive.  I assumed there was some sort of voltage converter built into the cable, but it it seems the variable voltage thing is something the battery does.  Tread carefully.

"Performs PD or QC power negotiation"

Don't let the magic smoke out of your R-44.  A Talentcell like jbell's are a known-good safe bet that lots of tapers use.
trigger cables actually have a chip in them, either fixed, or larger ones have selectable voltage via either a mple one or two button interface, or in some cases a display..

I assume anybody using one would check voltage with a meter and understand  the difference between center positive and the less common center negative

wrong voltage and polarity is dangerous to gear regardless of source, that said, the trigger cables are no more inherently dangerous, you still need to know the parameters of the power source.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com