Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

DPA 2011c Twin Card with short interference tube

(1/9) > >>

ts:
http://www.dpamicrophones.com/en/products.aspx?c=item&category=234&item=24396

Any thoughts on these? I'm not good with charts. :P Price is good.

page:
Its on the tighter end of the cardioid gamut (per DPA before they posted the graphs). Bennett ran a set for a panic show once.

ts:
Kinda like a DPA hyper. :o The only thing I don't like about this series is the additional cap selection is pricey. Although this setup is a great entry, you might as well just jump into some 4021's.

page:

--- Quote from: ts on January 19, 2013, 07:42:49 AM ---Kinda like a DPA hyper. :o The only thing I don't like about this series is the additional cap selection is pricey. Although this setup is a great entry, you might as well just jump into some 4021's.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't go that far; it has the same 90 and 120 degree rejection values as the 4011 (mildly tighter further back though), but it's not as tight as the gefell m21 at 120degrees which AFAIK is the most open hyper cap.

The benefit here for most is if you want the other caps later without buying the bodies. The reason to get the new bodies is the performance/noise specs are better than the 402x counterparts (THD levels being an example) and these are balanced to the body while the 402x were only balanced at the xlr end, not the cable between. Most people here aren't going to need that but some will be taping in an environment where that's helpful.

If they come out with a true hyper between the 4011 and 4017 then that would be a reason, or if they did a figure 8 as those wouldn't be made for the 402x style.

cd2go:
I would love to hear a comp between the new 20xx-c and 40xx-c capsules, the 20xx are half the cost for a matched set...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version