Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

Ikea Ladda 2450 - General Questions

(1/6) > >>

RyanJ:
I have been considering to get in to rechargables for my gear, as I go through a fresh pair of AAs for every show. I am trying to be conscious of my waste. I've been reading on here that the Ikea Ladda's are just rebranded from the Panasonic Enloop series. From what it sounds like, they are the best rechargables you can get out there? I remember I tried using rechargable batteries back in 2008 and had a few times my batteries just died after a full charge and have been worried ever since to get back into them. I bought a Powerex MH-C9000PRO as my recharging station and I wasn't too sure if I needed to charge the batteries right away when I got them, or how I should break them in? (if that even needs to happen)

I charged the first set and placed them in to my M10. I also changed the battery settings in the M10 and in almost an hour the battery went to half full on the M10. When usually it lasts 30-40 hours. What are some tips/tricks for making these last and do you trust these batteries for a full show in your gear?

goodcooker:

I use Eneloops and have for years. I just cannot use one use alkaline batteries with a clear conscience.

I get similar runtimes as copper top duracells (or longer) depending on the device.

I suggest cycling them a few times in your charger to stabilize them. If your charger doesn't show capacity per battery I'd get a cheap multimeter and match them up as best you can. This seems to be a small but significant thing that increases run time.

fireonshakedwnstreet:
I have not used the Laddas, but have started using Eneloops to power the DR-680. 8 batteries. It generally has three bars left by the end of a three hour show with all six channels going, digital in, plus using all six outs and the digital out going. Have not had issues at all. That said, I do have backup power just in case.

dactylus:

--- Quote from: RyanJ on July 26, 2022, 05:54:43 AM ---I have been considering to get in to rechargables for my gear, as I go through a fresh pair of AAs for every show. I am trying to be conscious of my waste. I've been reading on here that the Ikea Ladda's are just rebranded from the Panasonic Enloop series. From what it sounds like, they are the best rechargables you can get out there? I remember I tried using rechargable batteries back in 2008 and had a few times my batteries just died after a full charge and have been worried ever since to get back into them. I bought a Powerex MH-C9000PRO as my recharging station and I wasn't too sure if I needed to charge the batteries right away when I got them, or how I should break them in? (if that even needs to happen)

I charged the first set and placed them in to my M10. I also changed the battery settings in the M10 and in almost an hour the battery went to half full on the M10. When usually it lasts 30-40 hours. What are some tips/tricks for making these last and do you trust these batteries for a full show in your gear?

--- End quote ---

There are a number of us here on TS that have been using the Ikea Ladda 2450 for years.  No problems encountered.  Yes, I trust them. 

Dan33185:
Those are what I use and I've had the same 4 for a couple years and they still run just fine. I actually just ordered 4 more last week in anticipation of a music festival over the weekend, and they worked great as expected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version