Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sony PCM-A10 Problem transfering files

(1/4) > >>

Jofa:
Hi,

i did some recordings last night but when I'm connecting the A10 to the laptop (USB) it doesn't work. I haven't got that problem before, but now I can't access the files on the internal memory of the A10. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Robert

nulldogmas:

--- Quote from: Jofa on May 24, 2023, 03:18:33 AM ---
i did some recordings last night but when I'm connecting the A10 to the laptop (USB) it doesn't work. I haven't got that problem before, but now I can't access the files on the internal memory of the A10. Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

"It doesn't work" meaning the A10 doesn't show up as an external drive? Or it does show up and there are no files visible? Have you tried connecting to a different computer? Do other devices show up when connected to the same USB port? Does the A10 charge when plugged into the port?

Jofa:

--- Quote from: nulldogmas on May 24, 2023, 07:25:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jofa on May 24, 2023, 03:18:33 AM ---

--- End quote ---

"It doesn't work" meaning the A10 doesn't show up as an external drive? Or it does show up and there are no files visible? Have you tried connecting to a different computer? Do other devices show up when connected to the same USB port? Does the A10 charge when plugged into the port?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your reply. The A10 doesn't show up as an external drive and I've tried 3 different computers, other devices show up when i connect them on the same USB port. The A10 chrge when I plug it in.

nulldogmas:

--- Quote from: Jofa on May 24, 2023, 07:52:20 AM ---
Thanks for your reply. The A10 doesn't show up as an external drive and I've tried 3 different computers, other devices show up when i connect them on the same USB port. The A10 chrge when I plug it in.

--- End quote ---

That is indeed weird, and not something I've experienced. You can try all the usual USB troubleshooting — turn everything off and on, blow compressed air into all ports — but beyond that you may need to see about getting the A10 serviced.

In the meantime, maybe play the recordings out through the headphone jack to another recorder, so you at least have a backup of them if they can't be retrieved via USB? It won't be a straight digital transfer, but it should be pretty close.

Twenty8:
All good suggestions.

I have the general impression you may have recorded to internal storage.  If you recorded to an SD card, use a card reader.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version