Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: m148 run times  (Read 7286 times)

Offline tadjblack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
m148 run times
« on: July 11, 2003, 12:16:48 AM »
I just got a m148 a couple of months ago. Sent it to Doug- he replaced a couple of batteries and gave it a clean bill of health- In my misadventures at bonnaroo I left it on for two days-now the battery meter reads at about half full(after charging for days). I know I will have to replace the batteries but how much run time do I have if the battery meter reads right between the green and the red? I need to know before I run at Bernie Worrell tonight.
Thanks
Tad :thinking:
Team Bama Alumni

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re:m148 run times
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 12:44:04 AM »
I think you'll be fine for at least one show.  The m148 battery on a full charge will run for about 14 hours per Doug Oade.

goose

Offline tadjblack

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 12:55:31 AM »
Thanks Goose :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
Team Bama Alumni

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 08:48:50 AM »
I just got a m148 a couple of months ago. Sent it to Doug- he replaced a couple of batteries and gave it a clean bill of health- In my misadventures at bonnaroo I left it on for two days-now the battery meter reads at about half full(after charging for days). I know I will have to replace the batteries but how much run time do I have if the battery meter reads right between the green and the red? I need to know before I run at Bernie Worrell tonight.
Thanks
Tad :thinking:
If you havce a battery meter then that's a 248 vice a 148 as the 148 has 2 lights...green for you have juice and then in addition the red comes on whe fully charged...but goose is right you should get about 14 hrs when fully charged.   try running them down and recharging a couple of times may help "Exercise" the batts, you might not have to relpace them (Doug will keep you straight).  Takes a long time to recharge though.   Also check the metering with out the AC wart plugged in.
You shold have enough for a show though...
good luck
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline tadjblack

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 11:11:48 AM »
Actually- I have a m118 thats been modded to 48v- Doug told me the guts were identical to a 148- so thats what I usually call it .I Should have been more specific.
Thanks for the help guys :djsmilie:
Team Bama Alumni

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 01:26:35 PM »
Just fyi, the m248 has no battery meter either - doesn't even have the helpful red and green lights.  Just a guessing game...goose

DaryanLenz

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 08:51:50 AM »
Tad,

Me wants to borrow sometime!

daryan

Offline mhibbs

• Taperssection Member
  • it's all about the GA preamps
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 04:14:07 PM »
>If you havce a battery meter then that's a 248 vice a 148 as the >148 has 2 lights...green for you have juice and then in addition >the red comes on whe fully charged

Actually, the 248 has no battery indicator whatsoever.  The *newer* 148 has the green and red light system, whereas the older 148s have a battery meter like he is referring to.  Check my avatar and you'll see what I mean.  The 118 modded to a 48v unit is most certainly one of the older units (no surprise there).  FWIW, my battery meter on mine never gets more than 3/4 full no matter how long I charge it, and it easily runs 7hrs+.  Full runtime on good batteries is somewhere between 12-14hrs.  Personally, I question how accurate that battery meter is anyway.  Mine was actually Doug's personal unit at one point in its life, and as far as I know, the battery has never been replaced.  The guts have been updated some over the years as Doug has made improvements to the design, but as far as I know, the battery is original.  I guess what I am trying to say is unless you have a need for 10hrs+  w/out charging, your battery is probably fine.

mitch
Oade preamp museum curator

marc0789

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2003, 05:10:11 PM »
I got 7 3/4 at the xmas jam, and both the green and red were both still on. floating a couple of days before use helps.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com