Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Zero byte .wav file - how to restore?

<< < (2/5) > >>

buckster:

--- Quote from: capnhook on August 03, 2019, 01:38:31 PM ---Yep, when the video talked about using VLC player, I took a left turn and opened the recovered file in CD Wave, instead.

Saved it as a 24 bit 48kHz .wav perfectly.

--- End quote ---
That's good to know.  VLC only saves as 16 bit 44.1.

DavidPuddy:
I was able to grab a sbd recording on my USB drive last night, but one of the two files is zero byte. Can anyone help with this? I'm on mac so this doesn't work.

This was on a Midas m32 btw

rigpimp:
In the future, if that CD Wave trick doesn't work search the board for fixwav.  It is a homegrown utility compiled by a user here.  You just need to know the resolution of the recording and how many channels.

if_then_else:

--- Quote from: seethreepo on November 08, 2021, 06:03:02 PM ---First night back in action and despite my best efforts I have a zero byte file issue.
Using a recovery program I managed to get CHK files of the sizes the missing files should be. 
They are on my gdrive  for anyone who might be able to help
  the bizare thing is as soon as I opened the files foobar started playing them fine,  I tried to copy off the sd card and then shit went haywire.  1/2 of the files copied perfectly no issues but the larger portions are whats missing. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MTUk69_buDvxPhfAEpBiezTaTiV5mTJF?usp=sharing

I've tried a bunch of stuff in this thread but no dice thus far and Im afraid  in my upset state I might make a mistake further lessening my chance of recovery. 
I've tried simply renaming the chk files to wav and that works but the files arent playable

Please any tech guys  have mercy on my poor soul and help restore these.
If anyone can help  i'm happy to make it worth your while.

--- End quote ---

What were the original bit and sample rate values of your recording?

Gordon:

--- Quote from: DavidPuddy on October 27, 2021, 09:20:46 AM ---I was able to grab a sbd recording on my USB drive last night, but one of the two files is zero byte. Can anyone help with this? I'm on mac so this doesn't work.

This was on a Midas m32 btw

--- End quote ---

I can try the cd wave thing....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version