Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

MICS for LOUD ROCK, METAL recording

<< < (2/3) > >>

heathen:

--- Quote from: shpy on February 17, 2020, 01:16:55 PM ---Thanks :) it sounds dynamic and clear :) nice, but maybe someone had cmc-2 and changed to one of those mics.. is there noticeable difference, is it worth for changing. Can't have both :)

--- End quote ---

Forgive me but I'm not clear about what you're asking here.

heathen:

--- Quote from: shpy on February 17, 2020, 03:16:22 PM ---I m trying to say i dont know if it worth to sell my mics and buy new ones,  will i hear better sound ?

--- End quote ---

They will sound different, if for no other reason than your current mics are cardioids and the e614s are supercardioids.  Whether one is better than the other in terms of sound is subjective. 

If you want my two cents, I'd say hold off and keep listening to recordings until you hear mics that you are convinced sound better than what you have (for the types of shows and venues you go to, of course), and then buy those or save up until you can.  And if you don't find any that sound better then just keep rocking what you have now.

Twenty8:

--- Quote from: yug du nord on February 17, 2020, 10:40:09 AM ---Google links to some recordings. 
For "normal loud" rock shows, I think E614 can sound great IMO.

--- End quote ---

I have a pair of these mics.
Would love to find out which Oade Mod mpmgumby was running in those links as I have UA5s with W+ and ACM+.

yug du nord:
I think that his Marantz PMD660 had the Oade "Song Catcher" mod.

shpy:
Whould be great to return to topic.  Is Sennheiser E614 is good upgrade from SP-CMC-2  for heavy music?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version