Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony M1 playback problem and pinch roller  (Read 1492 times)

Offline emalvido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Sony M1 playback problem and pinch roller
« on: September 06, 2005, 01:34:37 PM »
Hello Board:
Need some help/advise here.
After 5 years of use my M1 started to have problems:

I tried to use it last Saturday, instered a tape and  I couldnt close the latch, when I finally did there was no tape load, I found that the pinch roller was lying at the bottom, took it out and placed it where it goes, but the small plastic piece that locks it into the metal pin is gone!
Instered a tape without it, loads and unlaods perfect
But!! I need that lock!

No Playback
Discovered yesterday with a recorded tape, that I have no audio signal, only silence, no level meters, no date indicator, only shows TOP or END
The tape runs smoothly and the counter runs too, also, I have instered a LP recorded tape and indicates that its a LP recording but nothing is heard.
After this new problem I made a test recording...... then playback..... nothing......
Then listened this test taping it in my D7 and yes!  sound is heard!!! normal levels, date,  etc....
Bottom line recording is fine.... no playback signal
any help advise
If this helps.... I house moved 2 weeks ago, the M1 was at this small plastic container not loose along with other stuff, (cables), dont know if a hard knock have caused this problems?
The D7 was in the same plastic container and its fine! 
Thanks
Ed  :'(

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sony M1 playback problem and pinch roller
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 05:48:24 PM »
playback head is out of allignment? I'd suggest sending it to Paul at Pro Digital and have him look at it. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.354 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com