Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: taper's guide  (Read 9756 times)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Re: taper's guide
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2004, 03:05:45 PM »
excellent stuff guys , +t's all around.  I'll chime in whereever I can or where people want me too.  like an editor or something, you know, to make sure that what is being added is actually correct ;)  or is that what you're doing? hell i don't know, just let me know where i can help! :)

would you be interested in modding one of the bigger sections such as equipment or technique
mics & cameras

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2004, 03:09:42 PM »
sure.  can i have an assistant mod since those topics are pretty extensive.  i'll take the technique section.  the equipment section will need a lot of independent input because while i know what all the gear is i certainly can't give comments on their sound if i've never ran it or heard much of it.  technique shouldn't be too tough though. pretty straight forward.

Offline yemncsu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Two man enter one man leave!
    • Downhome Groove.com
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 03:10:09 PM »
If it were my choice, I would like Chapter 2,3,4,6, or 10.

Josh

i just picked a random number out of a hat, so how does chapter 4 sound?

cool with me.  +T for the good start.
Josh
ADK A-51TL>UA-5>MTII

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2004, 03:10:51 PM »
done, and i'm gonna make signups a seperate thread i think so people dont have to hunt down to the second page

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=23767.0
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 03:18:43 PM by sirchek »
mics & cameras

jpschust

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2004, 04:48:41 PM »
a few layout suggestions.  first- everyone write in 12 point times new roman.  its on every machine.  second- i know this sounds silly, keep everything uniform.  that means 2 spaces between a period and the first letter of a sentence, correct grammar usage, complete sentences, etc.  third- have someone else read your stuff before you turn it in.  ive got a lot more advice on putting together a manual, but im sure if you guys need some help you will come asking :-P

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2004, 04:52:26 PM »
a few layout suggestions.  first- everyone write in 12 point times new roman.  its on every machine.  second- i know this sounds silly, keep everything uniform.  that means 2 spaces between a period and the first letter of a sentence, correct grammar usage, complete sentences, etc.  third- have someone else read your stuff before you turn it in.  ive got a lot more advice on putting together a manual, but im sure if you guys need some help you will come asking :-P

thanks, would you mind if I pmed you from time to time with advice on putting this together then?  and what software would you use to make a book?  Plain microsoft word or other parts.  I would like to include pictures if possible and at the end make it a pdf for download, or to have it made into an actual hard copy
mics & cameras

jpschust

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2004, 04:55:20 PM »
When putting it together I use Adobe InDesign.  It is a very difficult program to master, but very very powerful.  It will allow you to convert over to pdf however.  It will also allow you to make a hard copy.  Feel free to pm me or contact me on AIM at SardonicWooer for any advice you may need.  I've been managing editor and EIC and virtually every other job inbetween for a number of publications.  I can advise on all aspects of it.

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2004, 04:59:41 PM »
gracias, +T when i come back from vacation i'll put it on my laptop and start learning it, it shouldn't be too hard to master i can figure out most things pretty easy when i comes to computers.
mics & cameras

jpschust

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2004, 05:03:34 PM »
you NEED a book for this.  this isnt something you are gonna figure out on your own unless you have a lot of desktop publishing experience.

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2004, 05:05:30 PM »
you NEED a book for this.  this isnt something you are gonna figure out on your own unless you have a lot of desktop publishing experience.

hmm well i didn't think it was that hard, well no matter i can snag a book or two from the comp sci dept where i work at school
mics & cameras

jpschust

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2004, 05:09:15 PM »
yah, its a very deep program.  also good to have a familiarity with desktop publishing terms- things like kerning, tracking, etc. 

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2004, 10:58:18 AM »
Hey guys... I work at a small publishing company, and am an editor/proofreader by trade. The head guy in our design department is a huge Panic fan and right now we're at a bit of a lull in things, so I might be able to talk him into helping with layout and design. I'm also more than willing to review the whole thing for grammar, spelling, etc., as needed. If DMaCATO hasn't tackled the shn/flac/torrent thing, I can take that on, as well as write a paragraph on my mics since nobody else runs them...

--Dave
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com