Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: are tapers "OBLIGATED" to share their recordings?  (Read 18481 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Re: are tapers "OBLIGATED" to share their recordings?
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2004, 12:17:46 PM »
I just read through this, and one thing that really really bothered me was the people with a few posts that said, If you're not going to trade it, dont put it on your list. Well, fuck that. My list is for my own refrence, I cant believe the sense of entitlement some people have. Just because its on my list, doesnt mean you desearve to have it... Sorry, end rant.

thierryhenry

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2004, 12:30:34 PM »
All very valid points in my opinion..

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2004, 01:02:19 PM »
I've given shows to people and told them to keep it on the down low. Then found it on their list and had to ask them to remove it. If I'm trying to keep something out of circulation, having it on someone's list on the web isn't going to help me.

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2004, 02:39:22 PM »
I dunno, I am always glad to share my recordings.   The easiest thing I do is just print up a bunch of paper slips I keep in the side pocket of my Lowepro bag with my info and just hand it to anyone that asks about a copy.   Tell them to check my website when the recording status says "Done" then feel free to email me for a B+P or trade...or just download from archive.org or bittorrent.   Yep it seems to be the 1 in 10 ratio...it only seems about that many ever bother to follow through and even contact me later so really isn't that much work it ends up being ;p    I'd have to agree with the phone # thing though, fuck no is anyone going to get my phone #...go to a damn library if you don't have a computer with internet access or something.    Have yet to have someone ask for it though so that's good ;)
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
    • Southern Shelter
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2004, 02:51:45 PM »
My business cards at work have both my personal email add (I hate keeping up w/ multiple email accts.) and my office phone.  Since I don't have a whole lot of legitimate use for those cards anyway, I started handing 'em out at shows.  Didn't take very long before someone called me asking for copies  ::) , so now the handful of 'em in my wallet have a Sharpie line drawn through the number.  Never underestimate stupidity. . .

Speaking of which, my favorite is when someone INSISTS that you take their card, even though they are the one wanting copies.  Easiest thing is just to hand that card to the next person that asks  ;D . . .

Sloan

Offline Fryhoffer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2004, 03:00:19 PM »
Speaking of which, my favorite is when someone INSISTS that you take their card, even though they are the one wanting copies.  Easiest thing is just to hand that card to the next person that asks  ;D . . .

That is an awesome idea!  I will have to try that...

marc0789

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2004, 04:03:15 PM »
I just tell everyone waldron is going to bt the show. ;D

Offline blu666z

• AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2004, 04:17:02 PM »
I've given shows to people and told them to keep it on the down low. Then found it on their list and had to ask them to remove it. If I'm trying to keep something out of circulation, having it on someone's list on the web isn't going to help me.

If you're trying to keep something out of circulation, giving to anyone is not going to help you.

-Kevin

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »
kat-  Just lie about taping.  Obviously these spoiled kids have taken your tapings (and others) for granted and now expect it.  I'd quit giving them shows all together.

QFT!!!!!!

thierryhenry

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2004, 07:19:08 PM »
My business cards at work have both my personal email add (I hate keeping up w/ multiple email accts.) and my office phone.  Since I don't have a whole lot of legitimate use for those cards anyway, I started handing 'em out at shows.  Didn't take very long before someone called me asking for copies  ::) , so now the handful of 'em in my wallet have a Sharpie line drawn through the number.  Never underestimate stupidity. . .

Sloan

Ha, I bet your business likes that...

JasonGreen

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2004, 07:42:38 PM »
kat-  Just lie about taping.  Obviously these spoiled kids have taken your tapings (and others) for granted and now expect it.  I'd quit giving them shows all together.

QFT!!!!!!

qft?

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2004, 07:43:19 PM »

QFT!!!!!!

qft?

quoted for truth!!!

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2004, 08:15:22 PM »

If you're trying to keep something out of circulation, giving to anyone is not going to help you.

-Kevin

Yeah, but my reply was in response to another post saying someone's list could contain anything they wanted. Obviously I would not think this in true in the case of a hoarded show.

Offline blu666z

• AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2004, 08:39:23 PM »
Cool....I have just always followed the thinking that if you truly want to keep something uncirculated you can't give it to anyone.  Guess I'm kinda push this thread toward a different aspect of trading...back on topic I say!!

-Kevin

JasonGreen

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2004, 09:12:02 PM »

QFT!!!!!!

qft?

quoted for truth!!!

ah, I see

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com