Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Taping Guide Sign-ups! (Last chance I guess)  (Read 19738 times)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
Hey,
Just to let everyone know.  I have a full plate between now and sept 22nd with our local parade of homes (many of the area builders get together and we have a big dick contest) I am the chairperson for the entire event, so I don't think I'll have a draft for you by the 15th.  After that I will be flying to Guam to help get my mother moved to FL and will be returning on the 7th of October.  If I can find a way to power my lappy, I will use part of the 24 hr flight to do it on the plane, and e-mail from Guam.  If not, it may not be until I get back.  I would say I should have something to you by mid October, but I will try to get it done much sooner.

*****As a side note***** What format do you want these documents?  Do you want it as word, text, or something else?

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Hey,
Just to let everyone know.  I have a full plate between now and sept 22nd with our local parade of homes (many of the area builders get together and we have a big dick contest) I am the chairperson for the entire event, so I don't think I'll have a draft for you by the 15th.  After that I will be flying to Guam to help get my mother moved to FL and will be returning on the 7th of October.  If I can find a way to power my lappy, I will use part of the 24 hr flight to do it on the plane, and e-mail from Guam.  If not, it may not be until I get back.  I would say I should have something to you by mid October, but I will try to get it done much sooner.

*****As a side note***** What format do you want these documents?  Do you want it as word, text, or something else?

Matt

word is just fine, please take your time we all have lives, it was more of a guideline anyway  :P take your time man and have a good time in the nice weather.
mics & cameras

Offline Elvis Hitler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Video & Audio List
Re: Taping Guide Sign-ups! (Rough Drafts by Sept 15th, More Volunteers Needed!!)
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2004, 05:01:06 PM »
Is there going to be any mention of video taping, or is that an entirely different monster?

Offline Sanjay

Re: Taping Guide Sign-ups! (Rough Drafts by Sept 15th, More Volunteers Needed!!)
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2004, 10:16:29 PM »
Is there going to be any mention of video taping, or is that an entirely different monster?

quite a different monster and one i would prefer to stay away from, its usually illegal and we aren't trying to get tapers into any more trouble
mics & cameras

Offline Elvis Hitler

• Taperssection Member
    • Video & Audio List
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2004, 11:20:33 PM »

its usually illegal and we aren't trying to get tapers into any more trouble

Really?   I've found that many of the bands I like encourage both audio & video taping, including

Hank Williams III
The Melvins
Southern Culture on the Skids
Queens of the Stone Age
Brant Bjork & the Brothers
Nashville Pussy
Wayne "The Train" Hancock
BR549
Jucifer
Melt Banana
Crisis
Pro Pain
Corrosion of Conformity
The Mermen
Legendary Shack Shakers

I very rarely stealth videotape, unless it's a band I really like that doesn't allow it.  Almost everything I tape is done with the band's approval.

Just finished up a 4 camera mix of a Southern Culture show in Louisville KY this past May, and am hoping to produce a video they will sell at shows in the near future.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 11:22:31 PM by Elvis Hitler »

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2004, 12:59:06 AM »

its usually illegal and we aren't trying to get tapers into any more trouble

Really?   I've found that many of the bands I like encourage both audio & video taping, including

usually is the key word, its a whole other animal and there isn't enough people to cover it probably
mics & cameras

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2004, 01:10:06 AM »
Chapter 13: How to make things go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. mod: Daryan Lenz

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2004, 04:19:24 PM »
not trying to be a weasel, but what about

Chapter 13:  DON'T spread that recording

why, in some cases, it's not wise to spread indiscriminately to the masses.  learn to use your judgement, but above all else obey the band / tour mgr's request to the letter.

subchapter:  sharingthegroove -- when it first hits, it feels good, like a speedball.  but what happens when it's in the hands of strangers?
subchapter:  when things go wrong -- how to identify and end ebay sales of your master
subchapter:  help!  my master has ended up on an italian bootleg.  do i have any recourse?

and no, i'm not kidding.  if we're writing a comprehensive guide, i think a word on what can go wrong after the field recording is complete & how to fix it is important.

Offline Sanjay

Re: Taping Guide Sign-ups! (Anyone Have Some Rough Drafts??, Volunteers Needed!!
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2004, 07:18:34 PM »
anyone have anything done?
mics & cameras

Offline joeshambro

• Taperssection Member
  • taper turned professional FOH mixer
Re: Taping Guide Sign-ups! (Anyone Have Some Rough Drafts??, Volunteers Needed!!
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2004, 04:17:44 AM »
Chapter 5 - part of my job, i'll go out with bands i'm working with as a touring soundman

Chapter 6 sweet spot subchapter - i can write until i'm green in the face about this thanks to my education in this subject  :o

Chapter 7 - i know a bunch about this too ;)

Chapter 9 (onsite and post matrix):  i have experience doing lots of on-site matrix tapes professionally as well as after-the-fact, so i can write in pretty detailed a manner about it.  i know someone's already on it but i can add a professional prospective from my experience, and how to do it yourself post-wise.

Chapter 11- i run a protools-based studio in my business, so i'm really familiar with a lot of mastering techniques, from basic to complex, so i can write about that...

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2004, 09:37:05 AM »
Chapter 5 - part of my job, i'll go out with bands i'm working with as a touring soundman

Chapter 6 sweet spot subchapter - i can write until i'm green in the face about this thanks to my education in this subject  :o

Chapter 7 - i know a bunch about this too ;)

Chapter 9 (onsite and post matrix):  i have experience doing lots of on-site matrix tapes professionally as well as after-the-fact, so i can write in pretty detailed a manner about it.  i know someone's already on it but i can add a professional prospective from my experience, and how to do it yourself post-wise.

Chapter 11- i run a protools-based studio in my business, so i'm really familiar with a lot of mastering techniques, from basic to complex, so i can write about that...

If you'd be willing to take this on it would be great! +T let me know
mics & cameras

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2004, 09:29:25 AM »
Getting there with the stealth section - about 75% complete. Sorry for the delay.
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline yemncsu

• Taperssection Member
  • Two man enter one man leave!
    • Downhome Groove.com
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2004, 03:06:32 PM »
I am still truckin along with the Patching chapter.  shouldn't be much longer.  My band has a big show this weekend and that has taken most of my free time.  Should be a week or two.

Josh
ADK A-51TL>UA-5>MTII

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2004, 04:15:34 PM »
I am still truckin along with the Patching chapter.  shouldn't be much longer.  My band has a big show this weekend and that has taken most of my free time.  Should be a week or two.

Josh

Getting there with the stealth section - about 75% complete. Sorry for the delay.

thanks for the updates keep up the good work!  +T
mics & cameras

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2004, 06:14:30 AM »
I've just sent you the stealth guide...work in progress of course!
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com