Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: nbox platinum I  (Read 70290 times)

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
Re: nbox platinum ...it's coming.
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 01:28:16 PM »
What does this thing look like? How does size compare to the Tinybox?

Looks the same as a standard Nbox..one pack of cigarettes vs 2 packs.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »

perfect example
I never realized how small the nbox was till I saw it in person. Pics online I had seen didn't do it justice
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
Re: nbox platinum ...it's here.
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 10:55:50 PM »
i cant wait to get one of these, its like an early hanukkah  (XMAS for the rest of ya)

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »

perfect example
I never realized how small the nbox was till I saw it in person. Pics online I had seen didn't do it justice

Nicky- so you are using a different enclosure? If so, can you snap a pic or two of the original case next to the new case?

Offline jhfinn

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »

perfect example

Nicky- so you are using a different enclosure? If so, can you snap a pic or two of the original case next to the new case?

Same enclosure only the inside is different. Sizewise the tinybox= 1pk cigs and the nbox= 2pk cigs.
Mics:Neumann KM150x2...LC3KA actives x4
Pres:Audioroot Femto(L)
Recorders: Edirol R44/Sony PCM-D50
Retired: Sony D10pro2 modified/ Sony TCD-D8

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »
^^^ What about the ratio of the weights?
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »
Tinybox=6.8 oz.
Nbox=19 oz.

Big deal, if using for open taping weight and size are not an issue.

For stealth if you can't manage 19 oz and the size of 2 cigarette packs, then your skills are weak
and you should probably not be in the stealth taping game.

If you can stealth with a tiny box and not with an Nbox, then your balls are smaller than a teenyweeny box  8)
music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »
For stealth if you can't manage 19 oz and the size of 2 cigarette packs, then your skills are weak

If you can't roll low pro in the front row with a 722, a v3, CMC6's with KC5's, and no bag and no gear cooking or adjacent to balls, then you should probably not be in the stlx taping game and should give all your gear away to more worthy tapers :P

Offline blg

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2014, 01:21:58 PM »

If you can stealth with a tiny box and not with an Nbox, then your balls are smaller than a teenyweeny box  8)

Only speaking for myself, it's not a question of if you can...it's a question of if the sound quality over a tinybox is worth the added hassle of stealthing a pre-amp twice as big. 
Schoeps MK41 |
Naiant Tinybox v2.5 w/OT
NBob Actives v2
Sony PCM-M10 x2
dime LMA

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 01:28:46 PM »
If you think it helps to make a better recording, then it is worth it every time.

Offline perks

• Trade Count: (31)
    • Recordings uploaded to TTD
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »

Only speaking for myself, it's not a question of if you can...it's a question of if the sound quality over a tinybox is worth the added hassle of stealthing a pre-amp twice as big.

I've got one of each and for my ears I prefer the sound of the Nbox but have no issues with the TB's sound. That said there are times when the need to swap batteries mid-show requires that I run my Tinybox and for that reason I like having one of each. Sounds to me that Nbox platinum will solve that problem for me.

I've not been able to do a side by side comp and understand that my brain is likely going to want the preamp that I have significantly more invested in to sound better but I have to go with what I think is true. I do find that there is more headroom on my Nbox recordings but I don't know enough about that to speak to the reasons why. I once f-ed the battery swap up and caught the Nbox as it was losing its juice and quickly swapped the Tinybox in its place mid song and the WAV files looked dramatically different. The Nbox portion of the recording had a greater spread in dynamic range while the Tinybox portion had more consistant peaks. Not sure if I'm describing this correctly.
Mics: Schoeps MK5's, Schoeps MK41's, AT853's (C,SC,H,O), DPA 4061's
Preamps/converters: Schoeps VMS52UB (x2), Nbox (x2), E.A.A. PSP-2 (x2) Grace Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2, DPA MMA6000, Naiant Tinybox v1.5, Naiant PiPsqueak, Church Ugly, Apogee Mini-Me, Benchmark AD2k+
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Korg MR-1, Edirol R-05, Sony PCM-M10 (x2), Tascam DR-07, Marantz PMD-661, Sound Devices Mixpre-3

Offline blg

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 02:08:17 PM »

I've got one of each and for my ears I prefer the sound of the Nbox but have no issues with the TB's sound. That said there are times when the need to swap batteries mid-show requires that I run my Tinybox and for that reason I like having one of each. Sounds to me that Nbox platinum will solve that problem for me.

I've not been able to do a side by side comp and understand that my brain is likely going to want the preamp that I have significantly more invested in to sound better but I have to go with what I think is true. I do find that there is more headroom on my Nbox recordings but I don't know enough about that to speak to the reasons why. I once f-ed the battery swap up and caught the Nbox as it was losing its juice and quickly swapped the Tinybox in its place mid song and the WAV files looked dramatically different. The Nbox portion of the recording had a greater spread in dynamic range while the Tinybox portion had more consistant peaks. Not sure if I'm describing this correctly.

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like I need to consider getting one. 
Schoeps MK41 |
Naiant Tinybox v2.5 w/OT
NBob Actives v2
Sony PCM-M10 x2
dime LMA

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2014, 11:03:02 PM »
After a brief hiatus, the boards are in production.  I'm hoping to have mine in hand within a month or so. 
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

Offline deadcreekphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • https://archive.org/search.php?query=Scott%20Medeiros
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
Is there any pics or price ? Sorry if I missed it

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 07:59:03 PM »
My nbox+ is in need of maintenance, so I have high hopes to be on a short list :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com