Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: usb cooling fan  (Read 1403 times)

Offline deeputahpowder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
usb cooling fan
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:05:01 PM »
has anyone used these usb cooling fans before?
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-3-FAN-COOLER-COOLING-PAD-FOR-ALL-LAPTOP-MAC-IBOOK_W0QQitemZ8816576201QQcategoryZ31534QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'm wondering if they would interject any buzz or hum while recording. I'm going to be recording some festivals this summer with my ibook and wondering if a gadget like this would help keep the ibook cooler while running all day long?  any thoughts?

cheers,
dave
Avantone ck-1's ->  722

Offline smokydays

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
Re: usb cooling fan
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 10:48:33 AM »
I would bet that battery life would be more of a concern than the buzz issue.  I wonder how much juice those little fans would use?  How you like the m-audio mobilepre?
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 11:48:55 AM »
I use one that has two fans. Nice and quiet. Works great. Never use my computer on battery since the battery has been dead forever. It would make a small dent in your battery life I'm sure. Can't go wrong for less than $10. I think I paid over $20 for one with two fans. Great product.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline deeputahpowder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 08:22:01 PM »
not so much concerned with the battery life as I have sufficient (possibly overkill) battery power for my festival taping rig.
http://www.portablepower.com/items/batteries/SLA/1/Hawker/Enersys/SBSJ40/SL210/36L210S1
a friend gifted me 2 of these batteries...well traded for the cash he owed me.  anyway - super happy with the trade.  yes - they are heavy, but i just wheel the rig around.  i do need to get another battery solution for non festival taping.

the M-Audio Mobilepre.  it functions fine, suits my needs and most importantly was in my price range. i would love to try out some pricier pre's for comparison sake.

thanks for the info - i haven't purchased one of these cooling fans but i think i will - heck for $10 bucks i might as well and see how if it will work. 

cheers, dave
Avantone ck-1's ->  722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.204 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com