Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: m-audio firewire 410 issues? help needed!  (Read 1187 times)

Offline bhakti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
m-audio firewire 410 issues? help needed!
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:17:05 AM »
hey everyone

i can't seem to get a live headphone feed out of my phones outputs on the firewire 410 card to monitor the levels and the sound at all. i want to multi-track and hear whats going on in the card whilst its happening? 

i also want to make use of the spdif in to make it a real 4 in [unlike what i thought it was when i bought it] and want to know if i can run a feed out of my edirol r-09 [which has an optical out - minijack though] into the spdif in [via the RCA in or coaxial]... is this possible and if so, how?

thanks. really would appreciate any help at all.  looking forward to hearing from you...

bhakti

Offline bhakti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: m-audio firewire 410 issues? help needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 03:37:17 AM »
i got some answers from the m-audio forum if anyone ever did a search and was having trouble too...

1) To direct monitor on the 410, you need to launch the 410 control panel and go to the Mixer tab. On the Ana 1/2 In channel, turn the pan dials to center and click on teh Out 1/2 button so that it is on.

2) The line inputs are on the back of the 410. If you want to record a guitar you do NOT push the Mic/Line button in. You should also connect to the Inputs on the Front of the 410, NOT the back. Guitar is not a line level device. DI outputs are NOT usually Line level, they are Mic level. Pre-amp outputs are line level. Line inputs are on the back of the 410; Mic and Guitar inputs are on the front of the 410.

3) I don't know the R-09, so I don't know if it will work as a stand-alone converter, but Yes, the SPDIF should work.

hope this helps anyone with the same firewire 410 problems... all seemed to work for me....
merry taping...

bhakti

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com