Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R09 file problem  (Read 2183 times)

Offline tms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Edirol R09 file problem
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »
Anyone run into this? 

I set up my R09 to record ~6 hours at a time onto 8gb cf cards at a festival by formatting the card and putting in fresh batteries in the morning and again in the afternoon.  In between I transfer cf cards onto a laptop back at 'camp'. 

Back home as I start , it seems one of the 2 gb files is fine initially, then about 1/2 way through the audio switches seamlessly to audio recorded the day before!  Very strange.

Anyone else run into this?  I'm running the latest firmware I think, but maybe not.  Was this a bug fixed recently?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

SP-CMC-4 (AT853) > SP battery box > Edirol R-09

Offline rhinowing

• Needs to get out more...
    • SPLRA - Smashing Pumpkins Live Recording Association
Re: Edirol R09 file problem
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »
formatting your cards between uses?
Please contact me if you've ever taped the Smashing Pumpkins or a related group!

Offline tms

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »
Yes, I definitely reformated the 8gb card before starting, it gives about 11 hours of capacity at 16/44.1.  Also loaded a new pair of Duracells.  This gives me 9 hours of battery life so I run them for 6 hours tops just to be safe. 

So I started recording at 6pm and walked away.  I'm at a festival with 3 kids so this is how I tape.  In this case I have an intact file, 1.99gb just like a normal autosplit file, and the audio switches without a click, pop, gap or any other glitch to audio recorded the day before, right in mid file.  The files recorded after that file are fine.

formatting your cards between uses?

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »
Localized wormhole through time?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 10:59:33 AM »
The file was overwritten but the header was not changed when the 2nd write was made.
So the file has all the characteristics of the old one where the audio was not replaced.

Are you sure it ran OK and did not shut down sometime?

Offline tms

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 09:33:02 AM »
It did not shut down b/c my M.O. was to change batteries at dinner break, roll tape and walk away.  This was the first file after dinner break, it went on to record 2 or 3 more files unattended to close out the night at around midnight. 

What I need is a talking clock to read off the day and time every few seconds so I can test both my SD cards to see if there is a reproducible problem...... I'd rather this didn't happen again. Anyone know of some freeware for the pc? 

The file was overwritten but the header was not changed when the 2nd write was made.
So the file has all the characteristics of the old one where the audio was not replaced.

Are you sure it ran OK and did not shut down sometime?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com