Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

serious computer help needed reguarding windows.

(1/4) > >>

sexymexi:
i hate these things.. and particularly, this one.  i am trying to install windows XP, right now i have the worst thing ME, and i can't install XP cause it says that my i cannot change partitions cause the disk could not be locked...   so i have no idea...  i don't wanna take it to some bastards that will charge me a lot of money to do this, but i might have to...  anyhelp would be much appreciated.

matt

super-phat-al:
do you need to format the drive and do a fresh install?  thats one way to get it to work i think

sexymexi:
yes. thats what i wanna do, i don't have anything i want to save. anything i need to save has been backed up..

sexymexi:
i can't get it to format the drive.. i says it cannot be locked, and when i try and lock it, it won't let me...  its like i'm screwed..  so i get in dos, type lock, and it ask's if i wanna do it, i say yes, then it goes blue, and says insert disk into drive a, and i did, then hit a key, then it says insert a disk into drive b, and i have no drive b.

jb3newbie:
delete the partitions then create another partition.  then format....doesnt take long

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version