Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Issue

(1/5) > >>

taylorc:
Issue: Cannot get a pure/exact digital transfer

Comparing:

Downloaded shn> wav copy of show A (100% accurate)
-to-
DAT> M-Audio Audiophile 2496> PC copy of show A

Results:

1. Transferred copy distorts at higher volumes before the dl'ed original version does
2. The physical appearance of the transferred copy's soundwaves' graphics lose their texture before the original copy does

Using: Win XP, DA-20, 75ohm coax, Latest Driver, Sound Forge7.0, Samplitude6.0, EAC, CDWav

Attempted solutions: Mulitple PCI slots, unsuccessful communication with and return to M-Audio, tweaking of settings, etc.

Any input?  If I need to provide more information, please ask...

plucks:
Is SF set to the same sample rate as the DAT that you are transferring?  

Uncle Jimmy:
I use a similar set-up, and i think you may be right. Try checking for inadvertent downsampling (was the original in 20-bit, like my A/D throws).

UJ

nic:
are you sure that the person who transferred the copy you downloaded didnt do any mastering?
this is always possible.

I use the Audiophile 2496 and all of my digital transfers come out clean and pure everytime

Uncle Jimmy:
luvean,

what software do you use to capture the signal? also, how do you test that your copies are bit-perfect? (you didn't actually mention that, so I'm just taking a shot.)

UJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version