Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Eye-Fi - wireless SD Card  (Read 2223 times)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Eye-Fi - wireless SD Card
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:39:26 PM »
http://www.eye.fi/products/connectx2

I wonder if we could use this to record???  I use an SD Card in my HD-P2 (with adapter)...  I would be kewl to be able to tape the show and wirelessly dump the WAV to my laptop out in the card... 

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Eye-Fi - wireless SD Card
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »
I've wondered about those.  Probably would record fine, but I imagine the the wireless transfer may be excruciatingly slow.

edit- If so, the laptop should pop up an image of an old DAT deck doing a real-time SPDIF x-fer... or maybe a slow-creeping zombie   :zombie02: (shameless excuse to use the new smilie)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:22:27 PM by Gutbucket »
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
    • ImageLume Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »
I have one for my camera.  Works great for that, but it does not simply transfer all files via WiFi to the host PC.  There is software and it only xfers photos and video.  I seem to remember a few threads somewhere (not here) discussing other options to transfer files and some discussion of a linux build that used ftp for file xfer but noting that seemed to be functional.

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 03:32:12 PM »
I have one for my camera.  Works great for that, but it does not simply transfer all files via WiFi to the host PC.  There is software and it only xfers photos and video.  I seem to remember a few threads somewhere (not here) discussing other options to transfer files and some discussion of a linux build that used ftp for file xfer but noting that seemed to be functional.

Dang...  Oh well!

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com