Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-M10 (Part 7)  (Read 114113 times)

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
Re: Sony PCM-M10 (Part 7)
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »
I recently bought a new Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion OS. When I connect my M10 it doesnt recognize the memory card. Anybody with the same issues and/or a solution? Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place.

Have you tried formatting the card via the m10 menu yet?
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline meursault

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
Well the card has been formatted in M10 months ago. The problem appears when I connect the recorder to the mac via usb. The memory card isnt recognized then.
I just found out that if I take the card off and put it in an SD card reader then the mac recognizes it flawlessly. Funny.

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »
Well the card has been formatted in M10 months ago. The problem appears when I connect the recorder to the mac via usb. The memory card isnt recognized then.
I just found out that if I take the card off and put it in an SD card reader then the mac recognizes it flawlessly. Funny.

This may be a dumb attempt at an answer, but it took me a time or two on my windows XP machine to realize that the memory card is recognized as a separate drive.

Upon connecting the M10, a window pops up showing the internal memory of the M10 but it's labelled as F: for example.

To see the memory card, I had to go back into explorer and open drive G:  Drive G: had the files. Hopefully this is all it is for you.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »

This may be a dumb attempt at an answer, but it took me a time or two on my windows XP machine to realize that the memory card is recognized as a separate drive.

Upon connecting the M10, a window pops up showing the internal memory of the M10 but it's labelled as F: for example.

To see the memory card, I had to go back into explorer and open drive G:  Drive G: had the files. Hopefully this is all it is for you.

That's what I do on windows 7 as well. Always does the trick!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline meursault

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2013, 07:12:00 PM »

I knew that. I had an old macbook pro with Snow Leopard and when I connected the m10 I saw 2 discs, one for the machine and one for the card. Now in my new mac with Mountain Lion I see only the disc of the machine and not the memory card.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »

I knew that. I had an old macbook pro with Snow Leopard and when I connected the m10 I saw 2 discs, one for the machine and one for the card. Now in my new mac with Mountain Lion I see only the disc of the machine and not the memory card.

Just tried this at home -- m10>macbook air running mountain lion -- and am seeing both the m10 ("pcmrecorder") and the memory card ("memory card") showing up as separate devices in the "devices" pane on the lower left hand corner of my finder. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:04:32 PM by dnsacks »

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »
Is mt Lion 10.8?
Mine shows up as two drives just like it does in 10.6
I don't have anything with 10.7 to test
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline nardo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • The Comatorium - The Mars Volta News
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2013, 05:00:25 AM »
I recently bought a new Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion OS. When I connect my M10 it doesnt recognize the memory card. Anybody with the same issues and/or a solution? Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place.
Does it show up in Disk Utility?

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »

I had a similar issue with my MZ-RH1 minidisk a few months back. The computer would sometimes see the MZ-RH1 as a drive. Then the MZ-RH1 "drive" would disappear from the explorer window when trying to access the files. What fixed this for me was to remove the battery from the MZ-RH1 and let it sit for a few minutes before reinserting the battery. You might try removing the batteries on the M10 and let the unit reset itself.

The other possibility, as was suggested here by someone else is to reformat the memory card in the M10 again.

Offline yates7592

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:29 AM »
Anybody got much experience using the mic-in on the M10?

I am wondering, if I go mics > BB > mic-in and still get levels at say -6dB to -12dB, would I ever run the risk of a clipped recording if my rec level was always at a healthy figure, say 5? I am thinking not, as the rec level would be set high enough to have confidence in the resulting meter output dB levels.....

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 10:14:12 AM »
highly unlikely.  I'm assuming low gain range (maybe called mic sensitivity) on the M10 mic preamp.

Anybody got much experience using the mic-in on the M10?

I am wondering, if I go mics > BB > mic-in and still get levels at say -6dB to -12dB, would I ever run the risk of a clipped recording if my rec level was always at a healthy figure, say 5? I am thinking not, as the rec level would be set high enough to have confidence in the resulting meter output dB levels.....
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »
Yea you'll be fine bro!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2013, 03:11:19 PM »
Yup, I just did a recording that was mics > battery box > MIC IN (low sens) at level 6 w/ max peaks at -12dB.  Even after normalizing to -1dB it's nice and clean.  Go for it - you won't be disappointed.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Phil Zone

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2013, 12:16:55 AM »
what is the battery life when recording 24/48 WITH THE BACK LIGHT? without is around 40 hours so what is the difference?
Microphones: AKG 460B, 480B, Naiant Actives,CK1,CK61,CK62,CK63, CK69, Busman BSC-1, CA-14
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: Zoom F6, Tascam DR-05

LMA Shows: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Cam%20Keough%22&sort=-date

Offline yates7592

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2013, 03:38:40 AM »
what is the battery life when recording 24/48 WITH THE BACK LIGHT? without is around 40 hours so what is the difference?

I'd be interested to know this too. As great as this deck is, it's a bitch to see in the dark.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com