Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Nak300 phantom power??

(1/2) > >>

Scooter:
I'm was thinkin about borrowing a friend of mine's Nak300's for a show.  I know they have those funky 9volt batts, but he doesn't have any.  Can they take phantom???

utahtaper:
NO they cannot take phantom unless they are modified. The batteries are not that hard to find for them. 3 stores had them locally here. Plus the batteries last a very long time. I have heard years in some cases. I personally wouldn't mod them unless you were using them daily and going through bats like crazy.
I just bought brand new ones for my set. They are Eveready #206

Scooter:
Cool, thanks for the info...

LeftoverSammy:

--- Quote from: utahtaper on March 25, 2004, 11:20:35 AM ---NO they cannot take phantom unless they are modified. The batteries are not that hard to find for them. 3 stores had them locally here. Plus the batteries last a very long time. I have heard years in some cases. I personally wouldn't mod them unless you were using them daily and going through bats like crazy.
I just bought brand new ones for my set. They are Eveready #206

--- End quote ---

This is correct they can't take 48V phantom power. However they can be modified and there is a specific Nak guru in NM that does the best mods to these mics. LMK if you don't know who I am talking about and I can provide this person.

This 48V mod will lower the overall noise of these mics pretty drastically. Altough I never did have my 300's done I have heard the difference and if you plan on running these mics for a while you may wish to consider this. The mods are something in the order of $75 per mic and are well worth the upgrade. Not so much a matter of saving $ on cells, but to improve the sound/noise characteristics overall.

FYI - I used to get my 9V EV206's cells from Radio Shack, but they have to be ordered and take something like 3~5days. The cells should last you somewhere around 200hrs of continuous use.

Peace - LoS

jhirte:
If you do a search on shopping.yahoo.com you'll find aplace that sells the batteries for 5.25 each. thats where I bought mine when I had my Naks.
-Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version