Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

mic stand

(1/4) > >>

mmmatt:
I'm looking to buy a mic stand and not sure what I should be looking for. As always, the $$$ matters, but I don't mind dropping a few bucks if it makes a difference in convience, size, or performance.  I know that many guys use light stands.  I currently have 2 "typical" mic boom stands that I have used to mic stages for my matrix setup, and have used one stand with the boom staight up (about 8' tall) for an xy setup in small clubs.  I have the big wu reunion comming up next month, and I'm pretty sure I'll need to get up in the air for the outdoor stuff.   I have KDTU comming up at the chicago house of blues in a couple of weeks.  If I want 1 stand to suit both a large/medium club, and an outdoor event, what should I be looking for, and what should I avoid.  Also, anyone who has experience taping at the Chicago HOB who could clue me in on general taping info for that venue would be great.

Thanx in advance!!
Matt

Swampy:
Check out the Impact light stands @ B&H photo/video. Quality stands, that are pretty cheap in comparison to Bogen (sp?)

Swampy:
PS. I have a 9 or 10 foot one that Id be willing to sell for like 25 bucks because I want to get a 13 footer for Bonnaroo... Its been around the block, but still in good conditon. But if not, definitely check out thoes impacts: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=253067&is=REG

radioboy1977:

--- Quote from: Alex "swampy" Herd on April 05, 2004, 08:29:45 PM ---Its been around the block, but still in good conditon.

--- End quote ---

kinda like a girl i used to date.

Swampy:
:lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version