Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Time to replace my Logitech Squeezebox; suggestions?

<< < (2/4) > >>

tapeworm48:
108 Ohms - thanks for the suggestion, going to look into it mostly for curiousity as i'm not a gamer, and primarily interested in an audio solution.

Brian - thanks for the suggestions.  let me research the chromecast + bubble option first and then consider your SBs.

I'm curious, did you consider Plex vs BubbleUPnP and if so, what did you find?  I will be looking into it as well.  From the looks of the CcA site, it supports 24/96. 

My playback setups are good to go, just need to replace the receivers.  I have optical input in the living room, and RCA/Aux in the bedroom, so it looks like CcA gives you that flexibility too.

Brian Skalinder:
Yep, CcA can output optical or mini analog out...just need adapters to get to RCA connectors.  If CcA supports 24/96 now, that's news to me.  Good to know!

I use Plex for my video, so am familiar with it.  Can't remember why I didn't go with Plex for audio.  Must've run into an issue at some point.  Probably time for me to re-visit, since I'd prefer to run purely Plex for both video & audio.

yltfan:
What do people think of Sonos stuff?
My main interest is in figuring out a decent setup for some wireless speakers in other rooms.

nickgregory:

--- Quote from: yltfan on April 26, 2017, 01:41:43 AM ---What do people think of Sonos stuff?
My main interest is in figuring out a decent setup for some wireless speakers in other rooms.

--- End quote ---

I love my sonos system, but there are some significant hurdles with it

1) 65k limit for songs maintained by Sonos system.  This is overcome using an separate library indexer that costs me ~$12 a year.  http://www.subsonic.org/pages/sonos.jsp .  Then the library shows up like a spotify library
2) limited to 16/44.1.  Has an impact for me, but I can live without streaming hi res in every room of the house and only listen to hi res in my listening room connected directly to the computer
3) Expensive.  The stuff ain't cheap

The good things
1) Love the convenience of music in every room
2) love the convenience of unplugging a speaker and adding music to another room
3) the playbar, sub and Play 1s for surround sound are really expensive, but easy to install and add quite a bit to flat screens who have garbage in the speaker department
4) my 10 year old and my wife can use it with little to no training from me.
5) Their HW is supposedly never obsolete.  They have supported every speaker they have sold in the 10+ years they have been around...

Questions, let me know.

yltfan:
I'm kind of leaning towards getting a new Onkyo amp with wifi, muti-room capability. But I'm totally open to suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version