Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sound Devices MixPre-3 and 6, Part 4

<< < (72/73) > >>

dogmusic:
New Record > Record Bells menu option to disable record bell notifications.

Thank you, Sound Devices. Thank you Thank you Thank you

Next, please, standard tape recorder transport function buttons in Wingman App for FF, RW, Pause, etc.

morst:

--- Quote from: dogmusic on May 24, 2018, 01:53:18 PM ---Next, please, standard tape recorder transport function buttons in Wingman App for FF, RW, Pause, etc.

--- End quote ---
LOCK ON HOLD!??!?

I like the idea of the Wingman app, but it's just one more STOP button which could be accidentally pressed at the wrong time. Overall, that's not worth it.  :shrug:

Bought the 6 from Full Compass. Funny story, I'll tell you some time. Got the right unit in time for my two-show weekend and the machine worked as expected under 2.10.

Glad to have 2.20. The bug where files are not playable once you remove the SD card, and reinsert it was causing me to question my sanity. And the bug with channels 5-6 displaying incorrect levels by (+ or -?) 6dB??? No comment!!  :o

Glad that those are fixed in 2.20!

dogmusic:

--- Quote from: morst on May 25, 2018, 04:51:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: dogmusic on May 24, 2018, 01:53:18 PM ---Next, please, standard tape recorder transport function buttons in Wingman App for FF, RW, Pause, etc.

--- End quote ---
LOCK ON HOLD!??!?

I like the idea of the Wingman app, but it's just one more STOP button which could be accidentally pressed at the wrong time. Overall, that's not worth it.  :shrug:

--- End quote ---

Everyone has their different needs. For my purposes a lock button is unecessary.

But I need familiar transport & search controls (not the HP encoder) and pause during PB & Record etc. The standard stuff of analog machines and most digital ones as well. The Wingman app is the only way they can be implemented given the lack of physical buttons on the unit.

down2earthlandscaper:
Has anyone rolled with the new firmware yet? First impressions?

JM Charcot:

--- Quote from: down2earthlandscaper on May 30, 2018, 02:39:17 AM ---Has anyone rolled with the new firmware yet? First impressions?

--- End quote ---

Just did a quick test yesterday, the navigation between markers is a great improvement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version