Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Yet another JB3 newbie question.  (Read 6140 times)

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
Yet another JB3 newbie question.
« on: August 04, 2004, 09:34:39 PM »

Edited to say

Ok nevermind I am not sure what is was but I got it to work.  Thanks
I am confused! ??? I just got a JB3 and I  loaded up the cd it came with and according to all of the info
I have been reading for days says it should have all of the drivers I need for the JB3 to communicate with my PC.
 But now I am trying to upgrade my Firmware and it keeps telling me it is not connected. I just found out I do not have  a SB1394 connection on my PC (any suggestions on where to get one?)  so I am using the USB it came with. I have tried everything I can think of. Am I missing something? Like I said I have been reading everything I can find and I can't figure out why it will not communicate anyone else think I may be missing some drivers? any thoughts? ???

p.s. Thanks to all for the help I know some of you are probably sick of seeing the same questions over and over by now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 11:34:17 PM by Tye »
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Yet another JB3 newbie question.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 09:44:39 PM »
Ahem.  :P  From the NJB3 Tapers FAQ in the Archival Info forum:

[250] How do I connect my NJB3 to my computer for transferring recordings?

The documentation which comes with the NJB3 should address this question in more detail.  But basically, you need these components in place:

[1] NJB3 firmware for the NJB3 to function
      [2] PC drivers to enable firewire
      [3] PC drivers to provide connectivity between Windows and NJB3
      [4] File Manager software to provide a view/edit interface to the NJB3

The NJB3 should come with [1] already on it (though you may wish to upgrade - see below).  Windows should have taken care of [2] already.  So now you need [3] and [4].

[3] There's a separate set of NJB3 drivers which must be installed on the PC in order for Windows to recognize the NJB3 over the firewire port/cable.  These drivers should have come on a CD with your NJB3.  Nomadness also hosts the driver upgrades (http://www.nomadness.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=7).

[4] In addition to the drivers above which provide connectivity between Windows and the NJB3, you'll need another set of software to provide an interface that allows you as a user to view and edit the contents of the NJB3.  There are two options:  Creative's File Manager software (http://www.nomadness.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=12) or Redchair Software's Notmad Explorer (http://www.redchairsoftware.com/notmad/trial.php).  FWIW, I use Notmad Explorer and think it's a far better piece of s/w, IMO.  Check out the trial, and if you like it - buy it.  It's only $20.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 10:07:08 PM »
Ahem.  :P  From the NJB3 Tapers FAQ in the Archival Info forum:

[250] How do I connect my NJB3 to my computer for transferring recordings?

The documentation which comes with the NJB3 should address this question in more detail.  But basically, you need these components in place:

[1] NJB3 firmware for the NJB3 to function
      [2] PC drivers to enable firewire
      [3] PC drivers to provide connectivity between Windows and NJB3
      [4] File Manager software to provide a view/edit interface to the NJB3

The NJB3 should come with [1] already on it (though you may wish to upgrade - see below).  Windows should have taken care of [2] already.  So now you need [3] and [4].

[3] There's a separate set of NJB3 drivers which must be installed on the PC in order for Windows to recognize the NJB3 over the firewire port/cable.  These drivers should have come on a CD with your NJB3.  Nomadness also hosts the driver upgrades (http://www.nomadness.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=7).

[4] In addition to the drivers above which provide connectivity between Windows and the NJB3, you'll need another set of software to provide an interface that allows you as a user to view and edit the contents of the NJB3.  There are two options:  Creative's File Manager software (http://www.nomadness.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=12) or Redchair Software's Notmad Explorer (http://www.redchairsoftware.com/notmad/trial.php).  FWIW, I use Notmad Explorer and think it's a far better piece of s/w, IMO.  Check out the trial, and if you like it - buy it.  It's only $20.

Brian your killing me. I assure you I have read the FAQ and the yahoo grooup FAQ and any other thread that has JB3 on this site  and I feel I understand it. I hope your Ahem :P is in jest ;)
 I loaded up the cd it came with that should of given me the drivers I needed  right? Would upgrading the drivers make a diffrence?
I have Creative's File Manager  so it seems like I have everything I need why would it not recognize my JB3.
 What does this mean > "Windows should have taken care of [2] already" ?
                                  As always thanks  ;D
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 11:29:36 PM »
Brian your killing me. I assure you I have read the FAQ and the yahoo grooup FAQ and any other thread that has JB3 on this site  and I feel I understand it. I hope your Ahem :P is in jest ;)
 I loaded up the cd it came with that should of given me the drivers I needed  right? Would upgrading the drivers make a diffrence?
I have Creative's File Manager  so it seems like I have everything I need why would it not recognize my JB3.
 What does this mean > "Windows should have taken care of [2] already" ?
                                  As always thanks  ;D

Partly in jest, and partly as a cranky, kinda worn out pinwit - sorry.   :)  A few things:

[1] Confirm your USB port and cable function properly (are you able to use other USB devices with the same port/cable)?
[2] Un-install and re-load the drivers from the CD.
[3] Upgrade the drivers to the latest version.
[4] Un-install and re-load Creative PlayCenter or whatever the app is that provides the interface for manipulating the JB3
[5] Un-install and re-load Creative File Manager

Then let us know if you still have the problem.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 11:22:01 AM »
Brian I can understand you spend alot of time providing answers for
questions people have here and all you seem to get are the same questions
over and over again but that is the beauty of this place people like you know
what people need to know. It does  not go unappreciated! +T ;D
 I got it to work last night. Every time I connected my USB cable it would say "hardware found" and it would prompt me to install the cd and click next to install the software well I assumed I did not need to reinstall the software so I kept hitting Cancel. I decided to go ahead and let it reinstall and within a few seconds my JB3 was communicating! I guess maybe it had one more step I was unaware of but either way  it's up and running now thanks for the help.
 I was able to upgrade my firmware and get a nice phish logo startup screen from the Archival section.
 Thanks again

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 01:56:23 PM »
enjoy that great lil tool :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 06:35:46 PM »
Bean,
 I have not taped with it yet but I have a feeling this will be my main recorder for a while. I really like the features it has and the best thing NO MORE MEDIA!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline macroint

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Jeff's List
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 03:38:29 PM »
>I just found out I do not have  a SB1394 connection on my PC (any suggestions on where to get one?) 

This was from a previous post and the author was actually just missing the cable...but while I have the SB1394 cable, there isn't a space on my computer to fit it. Am I in need of an adapter or a different computer?

Jeff
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 04:04:06 PM »
cheapest and quickest, you could just buy a 1394 (firewire) PCI card for your computer

http://search.ebay.com/1394-pci_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

Offline macroint

• Jeff's List
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 06:46:44 PM »
I know this is gonna sound like a stupid question, but I've searched the archives and can't find any mention of this: I have everything hooked up and made a transfer of a file from NJB3 to my computer and I've played it on Creative Playcenter. Now I'd like to stick the file in CDWav and make tracks of it...but I have no idea where to look in my computer to locate that file to edit.

Help, please?

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 07:28:03 PM »
I know this is gonna sound like a stupid question, but I've searched the archives and can't find any mention of this: I have everything hooked up and made a transfer of a file from NJB3 to my computer and I've played it on Creative Playcenter. Now I'd like to stick the file in CDWav and make tracks of it...but I have no idea where to look in my computer to locate that file to edit.

Help, please?

Just start to transfer another and look what folder it is going to save it to that should be your default folder for wav files.
 Hope that helps
                   Tye

Offline macroint

• Jeff's List
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2004, 07:37:18 PM »
Just start to transfer another and look what folder it is going to save it to that should be your default folder for wav files.
 Hope that helps
                   Tye

Thanks...that does make sense. I found out, though more by trial and error.

jeff

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 01:48:57 PM »
 Hope that helps
                   Tye

Thanks...that does make sense. I found out, though more by trial and error.

jeff

Been there myself +T for figuring it out.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 01:38:46 PM »
ok i connected my jb3 to a pc a while back w/no probs
i then connected it to a mac w/ no probs
i tried to connect to a pc again today and it will not connect
????

using usb. powered on and off
downloaded the file manager again
CAN'T get the drivers to dl from the link above, not sure if i need them again or not

any ideas what to do? could hooking it to the mac have messed up things?
thanks
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 01:44:12 PM »
ok i connected my jb3 to a pc a while back w/no probs
i then connected it to a mac w/ no probs
i tried to connect to a pc again today and it will not connect
????

using usb. powered on and off
downloaded the file manager again
CAN'T get the drivers to dl from the link above, not sure if i need them again or not

any ideas what to do? could hooking it to the mac have messed up things?
thanks

win XP can be fussy sometimes with the jb3, try uninstalling all the drivers and starting over from scratch with the most recent versions, also I had issues once with the cable, used a diffeent usb cable and computer recognized it right away
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.126 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com