Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVDR audios questions  (Read 1220 times)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
DVDR audios questions
« on: November 11, 2004, 04:47:19 PM »
I'm looking to start burning DVDR Audios to listen to my 16/48 masters at home.

First things:

1)  Which software pax should I start with to do this?  The Discwelder series looks good, but are there other burner-softs?

2)  And here is my real question:  If I have a show tracked for CDR (3 discs) and I want to put them on 1 DVDR, I can do this pretty easy right (depending on timings).  How will the DVDR handle Sector Boundary Errors???  Do these appear as clicks like on CDRs? 

I'm asking becasue it seems that almost every GD seed on ETREE has SBE issues.  I was wondering if I'm gong to have to deal with fixing all of these shows before burning them to DVDR.

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Online Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
Re: DVDR audios questions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 09:29:33 AM »
I use Disc Welder Bronze - simple drag & drop to add tracks, but the menu added to the DVD-A is very basic.  I think SBE's are unique to redbook CD, I don't do anything special to my 24bit tracks to ensure they are cut on boundaries and there are no 'clicks' at the track breaks.  I've never burned 16bit files with SBE's to DVD-A, so I can't say for sure.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: DVDR audios questions
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 09:42:07 AM »
i believe you can burn 16/48 in dvd video format without needing to purchase special software (or needing to have a dvd-a playersince the disks would play in any dvd video player)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com