Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question about taping with my 4 track  (Read 1396 times)

Offline TwoStep41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Question about taping with my 4 track
« on: December 24, 2004, 11:37:36 PM »
this is probably a retarded question, but i have a Boss BR 532 digital 4 track and i was wondering if it would be decent to tape with as opposed to my MD. again, this is probably a stupid question but i figured my tapes might come out better

cleantone

Re: Question about taping with my 4 track
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 08:46:21 PM »
I looked at a couple sites about you 4 track. I couldn't find specs on recording format. I would have to assume it's a bit better than a MD. If the format is 16bit 44.1khz or better it should be. There is a chance that t records to some propriatary format that could be simular to minidisk. not likely. The other aspect would be the d>a converters it has. My suggestion would be to try it out. You may like it. If you can try one set on one and another set on another, but from the same position and at the same performance. That should be a good test. For it. Stay away from the effects in the unit though. I doubt they would be helpful for the sound.

Let us know!

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 02:26:57 AM »
this is probably a retarded question, but i have a Boss BR 532 digital 4 track and i was wondering if it would be decent to tape with as opposed to my MD. again, this is probably a stupid question but i figured my tapes might come out better

It would probably be pretty similar.  Considering the Boss maxes out at 128mb, the data is going to be heavily compressed - maybe even more so than your MD.  I'd stick with the MD for now until you can get an uncompressed recorder. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline TwoStep41

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 12:59:11 AM »
thanks a ton for the responses, im going to give it a shot, get a bigger memory card and see what happens. ill let you guys know and if there are any other suggestions let me know - thanks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com