Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HELP! Jammed JB3  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Unitmonster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
HELP! Jammed JB3
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »
Ok, flicked on my JB3 here at work to transfer an album, the thing started to load and I plugged it into the USB port.  Then, it reached teh "EAX" screen on startup and didn't go any further. I tried to reset it a number of times, no dice.  I pulled out the batteries and put them back in, and still the same problem.  Power button doesn't even work.  It's just stuck on the EAX screen, and the drive has stopped spinning.  What to do?
AT853rx (c,sc,o)> Fostex FR2-LE (Busman T-Mod)

hexyjones

Re: HELP! Jammed JB3
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:40:22 AM »
Ok, flicked on my JB3 here at work to transfer an album, the thing started to load and I plugged it into the USB port.  Then, it reached teh "EAX" screen on startup and didn't go any further. I tried to reset it a number of times, no dice.  I pulled out the batteries and put them back in, and still the same problem.  Power button doesn't even work.  It's just stuck on the EAX screen, and the drive has stopped spinning.  What to do?

I bought a broken JB3 that did the same thing...

You say reset - are you in rescue mode?

Try using the "clean-up" function - and then another "format"...that fixed mine...although it may be just luck...

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 10:48:03 AM »
How do you go to rescue mode? I mean I reset it by pushing the little reset button that's on the back of the unit (with a pin).  I'm not sure that I can do clean up or format, seeing as I can't get the thing to boot up.

hexyjones

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 10:50:44 AM »
How do you go to rescue mode? I mean I reset it by pushing the little reset button that's on the back of the unit (with a pin).  I'm not sure that I can do clean up or format, seeing as I can't get the thing to boot up.

Yeah push that thing...but hold down the stop button while you do it...as soon as the "Creative" screen appears...hit the play button...(just once...dont hold it) -

that will put you into rescue mode...you will see the options from there...

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 11:01:19 AM »
woo hoo! seems to have worked!

Big +t!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com