Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PC to NJB3 MP3 Transfer Problem  (Read 6938 times)

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
PC to NJB3 MP3 Transfer Problem
« on: February 28, 2005, 09:50:40 PM »
I just received my backup JB3 in the mail this past Friday.  I'm loading all the software on my wife's PC since mine died.  I'm running in to a problem getting MP3 files over to the JB3 when using both USB and Firewire.  Below are the details:

1) JB3 connected to PC via USB or Firewire and Creative PlayCenter opens.
2) When attempting to add MP3 files to the JB3 the "Current Transfer Queue" window pops up, then I get the error message "Player is either not connected or busy, please try again later."

Not sure what is causing this.  I also loaded the software on my worklap to and all works great, no problems. 

Any idea why I'm getting this on my wife's PC?  Here are the player specs:

JB3:  Version 1.40.06p
Creative PlayCenter:  Version 3.02.11

Thanks,
Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

jimmc

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PC to NJB3 MP3 Transfer Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 11:35:27 PM »
I had this problem once using USB, but it was when I was trying to transfer from JB3 > PC.  I had to disconnect and then reconnect the USB cable a few times then it worked. Not sure why it was happening, and it hasnt happened again. (knock on wood)
Jim

Offline Diamond_D

• Taperssection Member
  • Who's not honoring me now?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 12:10:52 AM »
I've found you have to turn the player on, plug the player-end of the USB in, then plug into computer for it to work or else I get the "not connected properly" messages... if it's not something simple like that, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers on the computer I guess...
SP-C4's > Canare Star Quads > UA5 (bm2p+) > H120

"Drums, Guitars, and Death. They finally got it right."
        Beavis & Butthead

Offline kev B

• Taperssection All-Star
  • mmm, taping!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 06:25:06 AM »
I had the dreaded "not connected" problem too. My problem... I had installed a new USB 2.0 pci card and thus my problems started. Every other device communicates just fine, except the JB3. So, I went back to the orginal USB 1.0 card and that seems to have taken care of the problem.

Are there less problems with a firewire connection? I never see it mentioned.
Oktava MC012 > digi-mod UA-5 > JB3 > SVU-1

Team Philly, Team Oktava, Team SVU-x

hexyjones

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 06:57:29 AM »
JB3 uses USB 1 - not 2...

not sure if that figures into firewire...

Offline tfrench

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 10:40:11 AM »
My understanding that that any USB1.1 device can be run over USB2.0 cables and cards. 

I'll try and uninstall the Creative software tonight when I get home and reload it.  I'll also try  the power on the unit first and then connect the USB or Firewire cables to see if that works.

I'm going to see Big Head Todd & The Monsters tonight so it will be a couple of days from now until I can post back the results. 

+T to all for the input.

Todd

I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:

Offline tfrench

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 11:05:56 AM »
Tim thanks for the link!  +T  I'll give that a try also if the others fail.

Todd

Recording Gear:

Offline Karl

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »
You know, I was having similar problems.  And I tried what seemed like everything, with no luck (including most of the things mentioned above).  This is what would happen to me--the file acted like it had transferred, but it had not.  Usually, an mp3 will take five-ten seconds to transfer--but these files would "transfer" in a fraction of a second.  I could never find the file on the jb3.

Finally, on Notmad's website, I found the following in their Omnitome:

4.11 Transfer Troubleshooting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Creative Nomad driver seems to have difficulty transferring a very small percentage of the MP3 files out there. This is a problem that affects both Notmad Explorer and PlayCenter, because both use the Creative driver. When you try to transfer such a file using Notmad Explorer, you'll get a "Creative Labs Driver Error" message with either code "0xA00" or "0xB00". Transferring the same file with PlayCenter will probably cause it to hang. We've never been able to find out exactly why the Creative driver can't handle these "rogue" files, but the probable reason is some kind of corruption. Those people who have run into this in the past have found that re-ripping the MP3 file from CD usually fixes the problem. If the file you're having this problem with was downloaded from the Internet, though, you might be out of luck.

That solved my problem!
My portable rig:

AT853>Zoom F6

Offline ScottT

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 02:11:02 PM »
try this, it solved ALL my problems.
Tim

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=27094.0

That's the interface I use.  Works well for me [knock on wood].
Mics: Schoeps mk22, mk41, mk8, ADK TLs
Pres: V2, Busman-mod UA5
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-70d, Tascam DR-07

"Push out the jive. Bring in the love." - C.M. Burns

Offline tfrench

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 12:22:07 AM »
Just wanted to post back to let eveyone know I got everything working correctly.  Below is what I did:

1) Found my NJB3 install disc that came with my original 40gig JB3.  Reinstalled the software which gave me PlayCenter Version 3.02.50

2) Installed Creative NOMAD Explorer (Version 3.01.10) per the recommendation of raoulduke above.

3) Installed Certified Windows XP drivers for Creative NOMAD Jukebox 2,3, Zen and Zen USB 2.0, version 1.20.04c

Now I'm able to use the Creative PlayCenter or the NOMAD Explorer to tansfer files to and from the NJB3 using the Firewire.

Thanks to everyone for input.  Life is good once again!

Todd

Recording Gear:

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 02:30:14 PM »
I am now having the same problem.  I was having some issues I thought were do to the playcenter.  so I unistalled everything.  reinstalled got the nomad explorer and the 1.20.04c drivers.  no matter what I do the jb3 will not show as connected.  I use to have to just pull the usb out of the computer and put it back in and it would work.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline tfrench

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 02:33:07 PM »
I am now having the same problem.  I was having some issues I thought were do to the playcenter.  so I unistalled everything.  reinstalled got the nomad explorer and the 1.20.04c drivers.  no matter what I do the jb3 will not show as connected.  I use to have to just pull the usb out of the computer and put it back in and it would work.

What Version is your PlayCenter??

Recording Gear:

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 02:37:10 PM »
not sure.  I'm looking now but don't see it anywhere.  it's from the install disc that came with my jb3.  found it. 3.02.50
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline tfrench

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 03:25:52 PM »
When you open up the Creative PlayCenter look at the top and click on the "PLAYCENTER" and click on the "About Creative PlayCenter" and it will show you the version you have.

Recording Gear:

Offline tfrench

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 03:44:24 PM »
not sure.  I'm looking now but don't see it anywhere.  it's from the install disc that came with my jb3.  found it. 3.02.50

try hard booting your pc and see it fixes the problem.....I had to restart my PC before they would work.

Recording Gear:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com