Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: my new speakers are ordered  (Read 8103 times)

Offline Daryan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: my new speakers are ordered
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 04:54:23 PM »
 ;D
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2005, 12:34:11 PM »
Here's a deal on the RMS40's if anyone is interested... (No they're not mine  :-[)

$2,400 OBO

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1119720298

Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2005, 03:06:48 PM »
They are sweet, but you need a big room for them to sound good, which unfortunately I don't have.
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2005, 10:17:03 PM »
I was asked to post a a small review:

I just wanted to make a quick post to say how much I have enjoyed my new purchase from VMPS.  I ordered a pair of vmps 626r's with all the fillings, minus the tnt's which I substituted for auricaps.  They are piano black in color.  I reallly don't have a ton of refrence, but these are the most incredible sounding speakers I have ever heard.  My room is quite small at the moment, and the ultimate plan is to send these to the rear.  But regardless, I have never in all my life thought that music and sound could sound like it does out of these speakers.  I have been recording live music for about 6 years as a hobby, and that is what I use as refrence because well, that's what I like.  I connected my fostex fr-2 field recorder to my bolder modified panasonic xr-45.  It is all accoustic type bluegrass music.  Needless to say, the top end of the banjo, acoustic guitar, and mandolin revealed detail I never even thought was possible.  I was honestly taken back to the same time and moment that was two weeks ago.  I felt like I was there, and that my friends is the greatest comliment I can muster when it comes to live recording.   I bought these on a whim, listening to Wayne at Bolder tell me how good these things were, and sight unseen, forked over the check and hoped for the best.  Anyway, this has been the greatest audio experience of all time, and I just wanted to thank Wayne and Brain personally and publically.  I look forward and reccomend working with them in the future.

As soon as I move, the 626r's are moving to the rear, and the order for the elixir's is being placed :D

Finally, my system is modest, but:

Fostex fr-2 field recorder, canare aes transformer
Toshiba self hot-rodded with blackgates 4960
Bolder HT mod with dual bybee's Panasonic XR-45
Bolder Cryo Nitro speaker cables
Cryotweaks digi cable
VMPS 626r's with soundcoat, auricaps, megawoofers, black paino etc.
BPT 1.5
some isolation for components and cork pads under speakers
on stands 24" high
And finally, all plugged into BPT 1.5 with litz wiring and some other kind of shielding!

Regards and thanks

Daryan Lenz

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com