Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Playback GTG May 21st 1pm  (Read 5149 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Playback GTG May 21st 1pm
« on: April 22, 2005, 10:51:44 AM »
Hey there!

Looking to have a playback gtg over at my place on May 21st 1pm-??  Kind of like a HT GTG, but instead swap out different CDP, UDP, power conditioners, interconnects, etc.  Listen to some concert DVD's, SACD, shows, anything is game.  Any interest?  I'm in Waterford, MI 48327. 

I want to do a blind test of the Pulsar cables and Leegeddy's interconects.  We can discuss things such as room treatments, cables, HT, speakers, etc.  Bring what you got if you want to hear it against others equipment.

Please respond via PM so I know how much pop and water to get.

SC
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 05:48:07 PM by scervin »

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Playback GTG
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 05:13:06 PM »
yes
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 05:38:25 PM »
I would if I wasn't about 15 hours away.  :)   If I were you I'd hand out bibs at the door! :)
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 07:03:37 PM »
Maybe I'll download a few of the 24/48 discs going around and burn some to dvd. My playback gear sucks. But you already knew that scott.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 08:28:42 PM »
Hey there!

Looking to have a playback gtg over at my place on May 14th 1pm-?? Kind of like a HT GTG, but instead swap out different CDP, UDP, power conditioners, interconnects, etc. Listen to some concert DVD's, SACD, shows, anything is game. Any interest? I'm in Waterford, MI 48327.

SC

very cool idea....
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 07:51:41 AM »
We used to do this fairly often here in my town.  My main audio bud moved away so I don't do this nearly as often...  Very fun stuff, and eye opening.  I think our most eye opening GTG was a cable test (speaker cable, specifically).  The differences between cables blew folks off their chairs!

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 07:55:53 AM »
I'm super interested, but I can imagine I'll be leaving wanting to spend shitloads of money on new gear!
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 10:23:48 AM »
We used to do this fairly often here in my town.  My main audio bud moved away so I don't do this nearly as often...  Very fun stuff, and eye opening.  I think our most eye opening GTG was a cable test (speaker cable, specifically).  The differences between cables blew folks off their chairs!

We do many HT meets in the area and do much of the same.  Compare projectors etc.  One guy near me has the ultimate theater setup.  He made a faux ticket window and all!   Also has a $30K Sony Qualia projector....very awesome.   I noticed more and more local guys into the audio thing and thought it might be fun.
sc

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 10:49:52 AM »
If you think you can make it please reply here with the gear you will bring.  I'm going to start a list of what will be there.

Speakers:
Onix Rocket 750/250/200

Sub:
SVS PC+ 22-31

AVR:
Marantz SR7200

DVD:
Onkyo SP1000
Pioneer 45a

Interconnects:
VH Pulsars w/ Sillver Bullets
Radio Shack Gold series
Leegeddy silver interconnects??

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 01:07:37 PM »
i'd really like to come to this, but i don't have any playback gear really.  I may bring my broken 4960 - perhaps we can throw it off of a tall building or something.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 01:29:41 PM »
Does it play at all?  I'd like to get that along with a modded unit to compare.  You don't need to bring gear to head over btw.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 01:44:44 PM »
no, doesn't play.  i was trying to fix it one day and now the drive won't even open.  its probably an easy fix, but i don't know what to do.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 09:40:55 AM »
I have nothing to offer really other thna the above mentioned 24 bit discs. and maybe something to indulge in outside in Scott's Garage 8)
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 01:25:24 PM »
I can probably fix it.  I can send a modded unit up there for you guys to listen to.  I don't know about me coming, as that's a long way I would think.  I should have the modded unit finished by then with the exception of the superclock installation, which I am not doing myself.  Trey W has my old modded unit with panny caps in it.
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2005, 01:45:26 PM »
hey dood, i'll hook you up with it, if you want to pay shipping.  all its doing here is collecting dust and when i move in august i'll probably just toss it.

I have a really busy work schedule coming up the next couple of weeks, but after that if you want it, its all yours.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.241 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com