Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Windscreens for Core Sound Cardioid  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Ekib

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Windscreens for Core Sound Cardioid
« on: July 07, 2005, 04:38:39 AM »
Hi I have been looking everywhere on this forum to find an answer to this.

I am an user of Core-Sound's stealthy Cardioid mic's.Since a lot of concerts these days have more and more airconditioning inside I want to use windscreens.Now where can I buy cheap windscreens?I have friends who are taping festivals and usually after a long festival day one pair is lost,damaged etc....now the question is where can I find reasonable priced windscreens that fit the CSC mic's...Core-Sound charges $ 10 for the large windscreens,$ 5 for the small ones and $ 8 for shipping.That is $ 23 for a small and a large pair.I may be my opinion but I think that is awfully expensive.Especially since they only last so long.

What is a good solution to that???

There must be a cheaper source that fit a lot of other stealth mic's also.

Also do other people use windscreens inside for Airco protection?It never bothered my recordings but lately one recording was really ruined by the noise of the wind of the airco(and funny enough during the concert I didn't really notice it).
But I have to say, I don’t mind it. I do object when I see people sticking microphones up my nose, in the front row. If I see anyone doing that [laughs] I’m going to have security remove them. Because that’s just obnoxious. But I don’t mind if people come and discreetly at the back make a recording of it. And I know that it’s just for their own use, for the superfan.
(Steven Wilson , interview http://blog.musoscribe.com/index.php/2011/01/25/interview-steven-wilson-on-audience-taping/ )

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
Re: Windscreens for Core Sound Cardioid
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 06:56:39 AM »
Ah..another tightwad...you may like this:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=44408.0
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline tdg455

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 08:49:48 PM »
Has anyone ever tried some cotton balls over  mini mics?  use some scotch tape to attach. Now that would be cheap! maybe a little muffled though? 

Tom

Offline Chad817

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 08:36:34 PM »
Has anyone ever tried some cotton balls over  mini mics?  use some scotch tape to attach. Now that would be cheap! maybe a little muffled though? 

Tom

no idea, but it certainly would be a cheap experiment!
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com