Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recording off a UHF  (Read 1640 times)

Offline shallumstuart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Recording off a UHF
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:10:11 PM »
i heard about a way of recording shows not long ago, but i dont know if it would work. the earpieces that the big bands wear while they are playing are feeding them what they are playing as to avoid echos and getting confused in big arenas. i think the drummer would also have a metronome in their's.
because these earpieces are wireless, its easy to guess that they operate on radio waves. probably the same as a PA system? so if you got a UHF scanner (like a cop scanner) and scanned frequencies, would it be possible to
a) find the frequency and listen
b) record it from the scanner

i also know that some places offer headsets to people in the crowd who are hearing impared. though i doubt most places would have this... but even so, would most shows be broadcast within the crew/band on some form of radio?
thanks

Offline Swampy

• Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Re: Recording off a UHF
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 09:29:24 PM »
do a search for 'ALD'

Just so you know, this kind of recording is generally frowned upon by most people here, especially the assisted listening device stuff because that is meant for thoes with physical problems. So you're probably not going to find a ton of information.

Offline shallumstuart

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »
fair enough. ive never taped anything before.. i just wondered if it was possible because it sounded interesting.

Offline Swampy

• Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 09:42:55 PM »
Sorry if that came off rude, I didn't mean it to. Just wanted to let you know before someone tried to kill you ;) Buts yes, its definitely possible. But I do understand why people are against the ALD stuff. And the thing with the monitor mix is that you'd be hard-pressed to find a monitor mix that is worth listening to...

Offline shallumstuart

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 09:50:14 PM »
yeah, i read the posts on ALDs. i am with people on it being morally wrong if they are stopping people who actually need it from taking properly using it, but just a regular scanner would do the same thing right? like not an ALD, but using the same frequency as an ALD would. what do people think about that?

RebelRebel

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 05:00:48 AM »
It wouldnt sound as good as a stereo mic recording or good board feed()There isnt much talk about it on this board..99% percent of the folks here use mics into a preamp/recorder...
yeah, i read the posts on ALDs. i am with people on it being morally wrong if they are stopping people who actually need it from taking properly using it, but just a regular scanner would do the same thing right? like not an ALD, but using the same frequency as an ALD would. what do people think about that?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 05:09:23 AM by Teddy »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com