Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Patchers and the 722  (Read 5343 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Patchers and the 722
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »
Just picked up a nice right angle 1/8 mini to RCA at R Shack. It's a Monster THX but was only 7.50. 8 footer to. Ipod monster would work to I suppose but it's not right angle. Should be good enough for patchers. Other option would be a right angle mini adapter and let the patchers come up with the cable.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 01:20:54 PM »
the mini-xlr > RCA is an easy set of cables to have around and it works well with the DAP1.  sony DATdecks will have a harder time, in that they would also need a splitter to take the two channel RCA > 1/8" mini.

Zman has the mini-xlrs, and they rock.  he runs the analog into his dap1, regardless of bit depth and sampling rate, for a playback tape.

Where can I buy a set of these?

Offline grayp

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If I was a cactus I wouldn't need so much water
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »
they are great to have.   John P made me a set and also made a set for my buddy todd who patches out of me a lot.  Shoot him a pm, he might be willing to build you a pair for a small fee :)

Todd used to use a mini-disc and before I got the mini xlrs would run from the mini-tape out.   When he started using the mini xlrs, the signal was way hotter.  probably fine for a dap1 but it was a little much for the md.   you can attenuate the mini xlr outputs through the menu though.

the mini-xlr > RCA is an easy set of cables to have around and it works well with the DAP1.  sony DATdecks will have a harder time, in that they would also need a splitter to take the two channel RCA > 1/8" mini.

Zman has the mini-xlrs, and they rock.  he runs the analog into his dap1, regardless of bit depth and sampling rate, for a playback tape.

Where can I buy a set of these?
Akg 480/ck61/ck62/ck63 (a61 swivels if fob)->m148->722

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 04:02:25 PM »
When Im out at shows, I usually bring my bag of patch cables, the ones that I used to bring when I was a patcher. Its weird when thepatcher doesnt have the right cables, and I have to supply them, kinda awkward, but fine.

Also with all the advances in gear, and patchers not following suit, makes for some uncompatible patches.

But, fwiw, my main worry is that I have all the gear I need, patchers are secondary. Most times, when I tape, there are no patchers.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com