Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Phantom power for DPA 4061's?  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Phantom power for DPA 4061's?
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »
My SP BB crapped the bed and I am in search of something new/different to power my 4061's. They were modified to terminate to a single gold mini and the recording device is an M1.

Suggestions/where to purchase?

Thanks.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline M

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Phantom power for DPA 4061's?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:33:51 AM »
I don't think there is any sonic advantage to powering them differently but adding a preamp might be a nice upgrade.

Two that come to mind are the dpa mma6000 and the church audio st9100.
Beyer CK930>Naiant TB>M10

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 02:22:31 AM »
I don't think there is any sonic advantage to powering them differently but adding a preamp might be a nice upgrade.

Two that come to mind are the dpa mma6000 and the church audio st9100.

To use either of those you will need to get microdots re-soldered on to them. Don't know who can do that, or how much it costs.

I run 4060's > MMA6000 and couldn't be happier (well maybe, but not for the $$).

I would just get a new battery box from Sound Professionals, or sell those and get the 406x > MMA6000 setup.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline M

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 02:48:51 AM »
I think Chris will make the st9100 with a stereo mini plug if you ask him to.
Beyer CK930>Naiant TB>M10

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 09:20:33 AM »
I think Chris will make the st9100 with a stereo mini plug if you ask him to.

Yes, Church Audio sent me a PM and he does have that st9100 with a mini.  I think that is the route I will go.

I have tax refund money coming back, so I feel like a kid in a toy land.  Have to throw money into the hobby.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Len Moskowitz (Core Sound)

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Core Sound
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
My SP BB crapped the bed and I am in search of something new/different to power my 4061's. They were modified to terminate to a single gold mini and the recording device is an M1.

You could use our HEB battery box and a stock adapter cable -- no MicroDots necessary.  The HEB box is better than the DPA box in that the DPA box uses electrolytic caps and overload protection diodes.  Both color the sound somewhat.

We're full-line DPA dealers.

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com
Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 06:01:57 PM »

You could use our HEB battery box and a stock adapter cable -- no MicroDots necessary.  The HEB box is better than the DPA box in that the DPA box uses electrolytic caps and overload protection diodes.  Both color the sound somewhat.

We're full-line DPA dealers.

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

I don't know what other people think, but I can't really say I like reading your posts Len. EVERY ONE OF THEM is an answer (which is nice of you) followed by 'which you can BUY at core-sound.'

I realize you're running a business, and occasionally saying that you sell a solution is fine, but maybe you could try contributing otherwise to this site (and yes I do see that you made a financial contribution).

Chris Church is a fine example of how I think a seller should behave here. The vast majority of his posts are very helpful to others without sounding like a salesman in EVERY DAMN POST!! Yes, occasionally he says that he can sell something, but more often than not he simply answers the persons question and lets his good customer service (which leads to word of mouth recommendations from his customers).

You might want to take a look at your collection of -T's as well, as a gauge on what people think of your posts. People will give you a +T if they think you've taken the time to be helpful. -T's are reserved for posts that aren't really accepted here.

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com