Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wavelab montage help (join clips after splitting? effects on clips)?  (Read 2498 times)

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
I'm using Wavelab montage to line up two different sources (R09 mics, R04 sbd, couldn't run wires between, so not sync'ed).  I'm trying to line stuff up, adjust relative sbd/mic levels on a clip by clip basis, and also add effects/fades on a clip by clip basis.

In the montage view I "split all tracks at cursor" and start moving stuff around.  But does anyone know how to *join* clips I have split in the past?  I can't find that anywhere.

Also, can I apply "effects/plugins" on clips individually.  I have applied to certain tracks, but don't know if it works for clips alone.

Also, they talk about "groups" (of clips, presumeably).  Does this help me.

Thanks in advance...
  Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: Wavelab montage help (join clips after splitting? effects on clips)?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »
are you talking about just adding files to join??  if so click on the little arrow beside the 1 (to the left under "no fx") and add stereo track.  after that simply right click insert files.  as for editing the only thing besides matrix I do in the montage is cross fades.  after adding all the files and lining them up render.  then do edits/effects in normal wavelab.  hope that helps.  I'm a bit confused by what you want to do.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
Re: Wavelab montage help (join clips after splitting? effects on clips)?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »
are you talking about just adding files to join??  if so click on the little arrow beside the 1 (to the left under "no fx") and add stereo track.  after that simply right click insert files.  as for editing the only thing besides matrix I do in the montage is cross fades.  after adding all the files and lining them up render.  then do edits/effects in normal wavelab.  hope that helps.  I'm a bit confused by what you want to do.

Thanks!

I can get two stereo images in, but from different clocks, I need to split to align.

So, at the begin of every song I hit "all-tracks"> split at cursor.  Then move the tracks a bit.  Usually put the AUD about 5ms *ahead* of the SBD track, it sounds a little better this way.  I'm experimenting here.

Anyway, suppose I make a split at the wrong place and want to join it up later.  How do I do that?  There is no "paste" or "join" in the montage menu.  I don't know how to do fades in the montage either.

Thanks again...

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com