Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Here is AT825 wiring, Rode NT4 same?  (Read 6508 times)

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
Here is AT825 wiring, Rode NT4 same?
« on: March 14, 2007, 03:11:25 AM »
Need to make Rode NT4 stereo mic body plug to XLR-3 type stereo plug adapter cable. 

Found documented wiring for AT825 stereo mic (see wiring diagram image below), but CANNOT find anywhere if this is same XLR mic body connection to the Rode NT4 stereo mic.  No help from the NT4 owners manual.

Does anyone know what type of connector is on the body of NT4 mic body, and how the pins are wired so I can make this adapter cable? 

Rode does supply a couple of adapter patch cables with the NT4, so maybe someone with this mic can check out the mic body to ministereo plug adapter or the dual XLR adapter cable supplied by Rode with a meter to see what mic body connector pins are connected to the stereo connections and post this.   

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Here is AT825 wiring, Rode NT4 same?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:57:49 AM »
Need to make Rode NT4 stereo mic body plug to XLR-3 type stereo plug adapter cable. 

Found documented wiring for AT825 stereo mic (see wiring diagram image below), but CANNOT find anywhere if this is same XLR mic body connection to the Rode NT4 stereo mic.  No help from the NT4 owners manual.

Does anyone know what type of connector is on the body of NT4 mic body, and how the pins are wired so I can make this adapter cable? 

Rode does supply a couple of adapter patch cables with the NT4, so maybe someone with this mic can check out the mic body to ministereo plug adapter or the dual XLR adapter cable supplied by Rode with a meter to see what mic body connector pins are connected to the stereo connections and post this.   

Guy check this link out it might help...

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/Rode_NT-4_Cable_Mod/NT-4_CableMod-index.htm

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 06:19:56 AM »

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/Rode_NT-4_Cable_Mod/NT-4_CableMod-index.htm

Thank you for the link Chris, and YES! this does help know about the NT4 output plug wiring as shown below.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »

Thank you for the link Chris, and YES! this does help know about the NT4 output plug wiring as shown below.

Its crazy that this information is not in the manual Rode is a good company that makes some good mics it surprises me. I dont know why company's do that. Anyway good luck seems like this product has some issues with gain. Let me know how it works out.

Offline EYES

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 06:01:13 PM »
i have the nt4 if you need any help let me know.i just tried the xlr cable that comes with mic connecting to sp xlrf> trs adapter into mt. gave me high left level no right levels. if you have a solution helpppppp. nt4 cable with mini never problem.i was trying to get better gain >xlr>trs inputs
                                                                     eyes
ADK sc-t, ca-11 cards, omni.                                                   
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 11:47:08 PM »
i have the nt4 if you need any help let me know.i just tried the xlr cable that comes with mic connecting to sp xlrf> trs adapter into mt. gave me high left level no right levels. if you have a solution helpppppp. nt4 cable with mini never problem.i was trying to get better gain >xlr>trs inputs
                                                                     eyes

First thing to do is know if Rode mic-to-dual XLR cable is broken, or maybe SP sp xlrf> trs adapter is at fault; all this assuming MT deck's left channel is fully functional.   

Knowing NT4 mic is working with stereo miniplug -12dB adapter eliminates mic being the problem. 

So find something accepting dual XLR input to test mic with Rode cable, and if both channels seem good, then likely problem is with SP sp xlrf> trs adapter.

Offline EYES

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 07:48:45 PM »
mt left and right levels work fine with 1/8'' nt4 cable. will have to do the nt4 xlr cable check next.hoping to try this fri nite.if this is fine then i'll try the sp adapter as you suggested. been using the 1/8'' with great success. i was trying to use the xlr>trs1/4'' for what i hope to be better gain. am i right to try and record this way. thanks for your in put.                                                                           always greatful
                                                                                      eyes
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 09:10:38 PM »
mt left and right levels work fine with 1/8'' nt4 cable. will have to do the nt4 xlr cable check next.hoping to try this fri nite.if this is fine then i'll try the sp adapter as you suggested. been using the 1/8'' with great success. i was trying to use the xlr>trs1/4'' for what i hope to be better gain. am i right to try and record this way. thanks for your in put.                                                                           always greatful
                                                                                      eyes

One thought, I wonder if you've every used the TRS deck inputs before?  MT's dual TRS input has different signal path so 1/8" input can work fine, but TRS jacks need applying some known good signal to know 1/4" jacks on deck are truly working OK.

Also, make sure to have latest firmware 1.4.5 installed, and check the REC settings for being STEREO, 1/4" input selected, and likely having +27 dB boost turned off is a good idea if recording amplified music.

Suggest finding something with at least single mono TS (unbalanced like output of electric guitar instrument) plug output so each TRS input can be signal tested to show a REC level or hearing something in headphones indicating each TRS jack is functioning.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 09:18:51 PM by guysonic »

Offline EYES

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 11:30:59 PM »
used trs in by way of old md player.i used a md for 6 years patching  when i got mt player, i purchased mini>to rca adapter female and a rca male > trs cable and transfered many of my patch day md tapes to cd with mt, wonderful sound both left and right. i'm really leaning toward bad nt4 xlr or sp-adapter. trs boost was tried both on and off. off real static, on just high levels 1/4'' in on, tried L/M/H setting. still bad sound. will also check firmware i know i'm at 1.4. something. knock on wood mt and nt4 has been very nice to me, will see what way it goes
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 11:39:48 PM »
used trs in by way of old md player.i used a md for 6 years patching  when i got mt player, i purchased mini>to rca adapter female and a rca male > trs cable and transfered many of my patch day md tapes to cd with mt, wonderful sound both left and right. i'm really leaning toward bad nt4 xlr or sp-adapter. trs boost was tried both on and off. off real static, on just high levels 1/4'' in on, tried L/M/H setting. still bad sound. will also check firmware i know i'm at 1.4. something. knock on wood mt and nt4 has been very nice to me, will see what way it goes

If your still having problems I can always take a look at it for you. I would actually like to see the insides of the Rode. Let me know if you need my help.

Chris Church

Offline EYES

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 08:14:03 AM »
thanks chris going to be taping with kush to nite. hoping to check my nt4 xlr cable out to be sure it's not the problem. will get back to you.thanks for the help offer
                                                                  always greatful
                                                                       eyes
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline EYES

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »
well i had a chance to check nt4 xlr cable fri. nite and right & left level were good, i checked with ua-5 that belongs to kush. is there a way to check sp xlrf>trs 1/4'' adapter . or maybe just return to sound professional
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com