Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: trader's little helper  (Read 2882 times)

Offline georgeh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
trader's little helper
« on: December 04, 2007, 12:07:34 PM »
I know this has been discussed some..
I usually just go with the flac fronted, align on sector boundries, and call it good, as far as testing flac files.
I decided to try TLH, when i put the flacs in, after using align on sb, they fail.  I think for LMA you need these to pass, probably a good idea period. Anyone else run into this problem, if so do you redo the flacs are just consider them good?
microtech gefell sms 2000, MG 21 & 20 & 27 caps >
M148 (with new ext battery) > acm P2 (2 of them)
Nbob active cables / PFA, Nbox Platinum

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: trader's little helper
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
the error i get in tlh is, "atleast one of the required subcompenents was not found"
 i should add, i've redone the falc files, i also added a track to the end, to carry over sbe, then deleted the track. i tried to read up on the help in tlh, but didn't seem to anwer my question.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 12:54:02 PM by georgeh »

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 02:08:11 PM »
I have no idea about the issue's your dealing with, but I was told a long time ago that I can't just rely on the FLAC front-end for making sure SBE's are aligned properly.  I have no idea if that was good info or not, but ever since then, I've used CDWave as the software to split my master recordings and have have never once had an issue with any SBEs since.  So, I can't help you with your current dilemma, but in the future if you use CDWave to chop your recording up, I don't think you'll have any SBE issues.

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »
i have cdwav and have to use it in the past, but one less step tracking in wavlab was nice. i will try again using cdwav to see if it helps. i surfed around a bit and noticed there was a new version of TLH, but didn't seem to be out yet may have something to do with the host server of the app.

stevetoney

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 05:15:50 PM »
i have cdwav and have to use it in the past, but one less step tracking in wavlab was nice. i will try again using cdwav to see if it helps. i surfed around a bit and noticed there was a new version of TLH, but didn't seem to be out yet may have something to do with the host server of the app.

Honestly, I'm not an expert, but isn't that your problem? 

I use Audition, but I was once told that when you try to do the tracking in any of these audio mastering programs (soundforge, audacity, wavelab, etc.) that if you cut a track to save it there's no guarantee that you're hitting a Sector Boundary.  That's why you have to just do ONLY your mastering in Audition, Wavelab, etc but after you are finished mastering, you save the mastered audio as one huge file.  Then you open the huge file in CDWav as one huge uncut track...basically the entire set of music.  Then when you listen and locate your track splits using CDWav and select 'save' to save the individual tracks as a tracked out show, CDWav automatically locates the nearest SB to your desired tracksplit and cuts the track right on the SB.  The difference is that Audition, SF, etc does NOT locate the nearest SB and cuts the track wherever you tell it to, which usually is in-between SBs.

If you check Live Music Archive, almost all of the shows have CDWav in the lineage for this reason.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 05:27:39 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 05:50:59 PM »
after taking a brake and looking again at the TLH, i figured out somethings i did wrong. everything ended up testing Ok, best i can tell. I haven't used that program in ages and thought i'd give it a try again. the other day i tried to upload to LMA and it said there were errrors in my flac files, so i thought i'd try TLH again

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 06:55:25 PM »
The difference is that Audition, SF, etc does NOT locate the nearest SB and cuts the track wherever you tell it to, which usually is in-between SBs.

If you check Live Music Archive, almost all of the shows have CDWav in the lineage for this reason.

Not true, at least partially.  I think it's a combination of <a> user ignorance, <b> misperception of CD-Wave as "freeware", and <c> ease of use.  Some of these apps (for example Audition, haven't figured it out yet in Samplitude) allow one to configure the workspace so that tracks are snapped to sector boundaries.  I'm most familiar with Audition (and getting there with Samplitude), and know it can be done there.  I suspect it's possible in the other apps, too, but am not certain.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

stevetoney

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 12:18:18 AM »
The difference is that Audition, SF, etc does NOT locate the nearest SB and cuts the track wherever you tell it to, which usually is in-between SBs.

Not true, at least partially.  I think it's a combination of <a> user ignorance, <b> misperception of CD-Wave as "freeware", and <c> ease of use.  Some of these apps (for example Audition, haven't figured it out yet in Samplitude) allow one to configure the workspace so that tracks are snapped to sector boundaries.  I'm most familiar with Audition (and getting there with Samplitude), and know it can be done there.  I suspect it's possible in the other apps, too, but am not certain.

Thanks for the corrections Brian. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com