Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sony strikes out again.. Hi-MD transfers..

(1/2) > >>

nuclear_ned:
It turns out most of you skeptics out there are right. Sony will not allow transfers via USB of material that is digitaly recorded. This might just mean digital sources that carry scms tags like dvds and cds.. More damning maybe the tranfers made via USB for all you field recorders.... are to be encoded with their DRM crap.. and yes there is an and.. they will not let those files be burned in wav format to disc. They can only be burned in atrac to disc and only be played on atrac compatible devices. So says the folks at minidisc.org...

Now, like some of you I like the minidisc format. I enjoyed the ease of use and removable media options other less expensive recorders didnt have.. but it seems sony is hell bent on screwing it up again.. the idea of recording wavs digitaly and transfering them digitaly seemed to good to be true.. I suppose it was.. but then again as we get closer to the release date this will probably change as well .. I hear jb3s are going cheap as shit on ebay right now..

nuclear_ned:
that headline was supposed to read Sony but you get the idea..

goose:
You can modify posts, including headers if you wish

nuclear_ned:
hey you can ... thanks..

C.Clark:
i really would have loved to have seen this thing take off, but sony does it again, add
another flop to sony's lineup, i just dont understand why they have to come out with
this kind of shit, its just ridiculous

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version